SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 30-11-16, 08:53 PM   #71
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: Involved in an accident- Advice needed please

Indeed, knock if off with the personal insults please.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-16, 10:49 PM   #72
Emankiwi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
Indeed, knock if off with the personal insults please.
Nice to see that Admins are keeping this forum civil. Thank you

Does anyone have a fairing bracket for sale?
Old 30-11-16, 11:14 PM   #73
Fordward

I'm not known for mincing my words when face to face as you know Fizz, behind a keyboard not much changes. I'd rather just get along but I'm too long in the tooth to put up with those intent on arguments.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-16, 12:22 AM   #74
Blapper

If you are indeed long in the tooth Fordward, you should have learned that it is enough to state the facts clearly and calmly. Whether the other party agrees or not will not be influenced by losing it with them. That only influences what everybody else thinks of you.

I disagreed with your explanation of where you said one should indicate on the roundabout but I didn't respond aggressively to you because at the end of the day, it doesn't matter whether we agree or not.

The OP explained that his first sketch wasn't accurate and the consensus was that he is in the right. Job done, move on.
Blapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-16, 01:59 AM   #75
BanannaMan

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"

Last edited by BanannaMan; 01-12-16 at 02:01 AM.
BanannaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-16, 07:54 AM   #76
Fordward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blapper View Post
If you are indeed long in the tooth Fordward, you should have learned that it is enough to state the facts clearly and calmly. Whether the other party agrees or not will not be influenced by losing it with them. That only influences what everybody else thinks of you.

I disagreed with your explanation of where you said one should indicate on the roundabout but I didn't respond aggressively to you
Nor did I respond aggressively to you, and that's how it should be.

Facts stated clearly and calmly to everyone except 650 who's posts in thread have been very aggressive also berating the OP for posting online details that might influence his insurance claim.

I don't suffer fools gladly, and I'm sick to the back teeth of the keyboard warriors (I very much doubt he'd dare respond as he does face to face) on this forum, which is why I don't use it anymore. People start getting aggressive with me then sorry they are going to get it back and I don't care if somebody then thinks bad of me as a result.

Don't start nothing, won't be nothing.

Old 01-12-16, 09:13 AM   #77
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom_e View Post
At the end of the day it makes absolutely no difference what a forum full of randoms decide. The insurance company will make up their own minds.
I'm not even sure why it's been discussed this much!

Sent from my XT1580 using Tapatalk
People love a postmortem, and some people very wise after the event ( I would have signaled earlier, you should have gone into this lane at point X), you can't possibly discuss what the outcome of the insurance claim will be, just offer advice in what to do afterwards in the light of your own experiences. The fact that the driver admitted responsibility should sway things (even though insurance companies tell you never to admit anything, and a smart company will dismiss the drivers confession as 'shock' or some such thing).

Actually 650 was correct in warning against posting stuff online about an upcoming claim, the internet gives an illusion of privacy that simply does not exist, you should not post anything online that you would not be willing to put on the side of a London bus and drive around the country - this is where a lot of young people fall down and get caught 'by posting stuff 'privately on facebook - how naive can you get kids (millennials Heh, what are they like). I know at least 3 people who have lost their jobs through stuff they posted on facebook about their company.

As Blapper rightly said, you gotta know when things are escalating too much (on forums and in real life) and take a chill pill, and don't start getting personal it just ain't worth it.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-16, 09:42 AM   #78
Fordward

They wouldn't escalate face to face as people would have more respect.

If people disagree that's not a problem, if people want to advise not to post accident details on a forum thats no problem either, but do it nicely and show some respect for the person at the other end. That's the only problem.

Old 01-12-16, 09:45 AM   #79
shiftin_gear98

Anyhow moving on, Emankiwi.

Those brackets are pants. They literally only hold the fairing in place. They offer no structural support in an off. My bike once stalled pulling out of a side road, basically doing 1 mile an hour.
However I was wrong footed and couldn't stop the inevitable. I held it up in limbo for as long as I could. But had no choice when my back finally said no more than to place my bike on the ground. The banana bracket simply crumpled. Piece of ****.

That's why I purchased a set of R&G protectors, ok they cost £95.00. But having had the bike slip off the side stand one morning and smash into the floor. With zero damage to the fairing. I'm quite glad I did. Shame it didn't save the rear plastic too.

Sorry but I binned the other side in rage at the time.

As before, good luck getting it all sorted.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-16, 09:54 AM   #80
shiftin_gear98

Sorry Fordward, My post took me about 10 mins to type. It sounds way more flippant then intended.
Personally I enjoy this forum as many on here have an insight into stuff I really have no clue of, as I did when I was in a similar situation. (thanks Tam)
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote