SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

For Sale - SV's and SV related items For SV's and SV spare parts only. 650 or 1000 No other items Unsanctioned trade ads will be deleted as will spam and chat.

Old 14-01-15, 08:04 PM   #1
sixstring

Default Well used curvy for sale

2000 Xreg SV650S K1 in London borough of Bromley.
I'm new to this selling business so bear with me. The bike is high mileage but not all on the same engine. The current engine (not original) is a bit rough with a suspected worn crank but still gets me to work every morning without drama. The steering head bearings are also a bit suspect. Otherwise, the bike is OK. It has always sailed through MOTs and I have lots of paperwork from my 9 years of ownership.
The original engine is also available but it's in many bits in a collection of boxes. I had the intention of cleaning and rebuilding it but I got as far as cleaning and replacing some gaskets and oil seals. I don't have the time to finish it and the missus doesn't have the patience to let me!

I have a load of other various spares too like carbs and a swingarm but I'll need to dig them out to describe them properly.

Any offers?
Old 14-01-15, 08:50 PM   #2
davepreston

Default Re: Well used curvy for sale

Give jambo a shout
Old 16-01-15, 01:42 PM   #3
markie76

Hi,

Can you give me more details about your bike;

Total mileage & on each engine?
Any service history?
MOT/TAX?
How many previous owners?
Is it UK model?
Any accidents/drops/dents/cracked fairings?
Condition of tyres?
Condition of brakes - discs/pads?
Condition of chain & sprockets?

Can you send me some pictures? (all sides & close up of components - brakes/tyres/engine/dash/chain/sprockets)

Thanks,

Mark
Old 17-01-15, 11:27 AM   #4
sixstring

hi Mark,

Engine in bike Has done about 30k miles according to the guy I bought it off last March, the original has around 35k. I have another with 55k or so but that was sounding a little noisy when it was last running.

I don't have a service book but I have lots of receipts and invoices dating back to the original purchase receipt in 2000. It was bought by the guy who sold it to me in 2006 so 1 previous owner.
It has MOT until May 21st and tax but the tax can't go with the bike due to the new rules (no tax disc any more).
It is a UK model and is pretty much all standard (if not original) parts. I have a stubby Devil can which I took off when I started hearing engine noises.
The bike has been dropped before a couple of times but nothing that caused more than a few scratches and a bent clutch lever.
Front tyre has seen better days but rear is good. Brakes are good - front pads were changed last year and rears are 2 years old approx. Chain and sprox are a bit worn but run smoothly enough and don't make too much noise.

I'll get some pictures as soon as I can.

Alan
Old 18-01-15, 10:01 PM   #5
sixstring

Some pics. There will be more when the daylight is on my side. I hope these are useful.

Last edited by sixstring; 09-04-15 at 08:49 PM.
Old 18-01-15, 10:04 PM   #6
sixstring

some more...

Last edited by sixstring; 09-04-15 at 08:49 PM.
Old 19-01-15, 05:23 PM   #7
markie76

Hi Alan,

Thx for the pics.

So you have owned this for 9 years and it has had just 2 owners - whats the mileage on the clock?

The original engine has 35k miles on it - why did you replace it?
The engine currently in the bike - what happened to the bike it came from & was anything done to it before being put in this bike?
The rough spare engine with 55k miles - what happened to the bike it came from & why did you buy it & can you expand on a 'little noisy'?

Any advisories on any of the last 5 MOT's?

Can you give me an idea of your asking price for the bike & original engine?

Thanks,

Mark
Old 19-01-15, 05:53 PM   #8
maz

how much for the lot mate
Old 23-01-15, 10:51 PM   #9
sixstring

OK, I'll try to keep the story as brief as possible! I swapped out the original engine with a low mileage one from ebay. it was a similar price to the full service it needed and only had 17k on it. I had intended to slowly do the service work on it but I had no garage at the time. At 85k on the bike's clock, engine 2 started sounding a bit "diesely" so, since I now had a garage, I started to strip and rebuild the original. This was a really slow process and eventually the noise of engine 2 got worse until I spotted another ebay engine that came from a crashed bike (it hit a stag on a dual carriageway aparently) and I was the only bidder. turns out it had a bad crank too
So after all that the bike has engine 3 in it, roughly 90k on the clock (I'll confirm this at the weekend) and still gets me to work 130 miles a week.
I'm hoping for £500 for the bike, £100 for each engine, £750 for everything - swingarm, carbs, I'll dig out all the bits and list them when I check the bike's mileage.
Old 23-01-15, 11:14 PM   #10
sixstring

Just re-read markie76's message, I don't know what happened to the bike that the 55k engine came from and I think Its crank is bad too. It's a k2 model which originally had an alternator with short cables. I still have that alternator.
The bike had an MOT advisory for a new rear tyre in 2012, exhaust leak (fixed straight away) and slightly worn gear lever pivot in 2013, and last year rear sprocket slightly worn and front tyre close to limit. The same front tyre is still on and with the dodgy head bearings it will not pass its MOT this time round. The rest of the bike seems fine in my uneducated opinion.