SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 08-12-07, 06:10 PM   #1
mister c
Mega Poster

Default My first Track Day

Couple of pics from Oulton Park today. Gordon Bennett it was a good introduction to track days, it absolutely pi$$ed it down virtually all day. The bike was faultless, the rider not so good Starting to get to grips with it & I must admit, didn't get passed that much by the faster bikes. I need to get out of the "I ride on the road, so will ride the same on the track" frame of mind. Roll on a nice dry day, then I can start to push it harder.

Posh people (my son & his mate) putting on thier "wets". I cant afford them, so went out on road tyres.

Either I was going very fast through Lodge, or the cameraman is cr@p (the latter I think)

Just showing how wet it was. The start finish straight was one of the "dryer" parts of the circuit.
mister c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-07, 07:35 PM   #2
weazelz

Default Re: My first Track Day

glad you had a good day

oulton always looks like a stunning track on the telly - it is definitely on my list for next year. well, it was this year too but maybe we'll get a better summer next year so I can make the trip oop north
Old 09-12-07, 07:34 AM   #3
mister c
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by weazelz View Post
glad you had a good day

oulton always looks like a stunning track on the telly - it is definitely on my list for next year. well, it was this year too but maybe we'll get a better summer next year so I can make the trip oop north
I would recommend it to anyone, lovely circuit Oulton, very technical and good fun as well. I have woke up this morning & feel like I have been hit by a train I need to stop smoking & get fit, every bone in my body is aching.
Old 09-12-07, 09:58 AM   #4
Alpinestarhero

Looks excellent! I think I will treat myself to a trackday at brands indy in the summer, as reward for getting through uni. Will you be looking to go there any time MrC?

Matt
Old 09-12-07, 11:04 AM   #5
Jester666

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister c View Post
I would recommend it to anyone, lovely circuit Oulton, very technical and good fun as well. I have woke up this morning & feel like I have been hit by a train I need to stop smoking & get fit, every bone in my body is aching.
Cascades is fantastic isn't it? I did Oulton as my first trackday in April on a.......

Honda CBF500!!!!!

I went round the outside of a bloke on an R1 at Cascades! Loved every minute of it there!

Last edited by Jester666; 10-12-07 at 01:33 AM.
Old 09-12-07, 07:59 PM   #6
Lozzo

Looks like you had fun all the same.,

Quick question, could you please ask your son who supplied the race plastics for the CBRs. I'm looking for some to go on my trackbike and need recommendations.

Thanks
Old 12-12-07, 03:53 PM   #7
mister c
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
Looks like you had fun all the same.,

Quick question, could you please ask your son who supplied the race plastics for the CBRs. I'm looking for some to go on my trackbike and need recommendations.

Thanks
can't help you sorry. He bought the CBR with 2 sets of bodywork, so he hasn't needed any.