SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 16-03-09, 01:19 PM   #21
KnightRider
Mega Poster

Default Re: TV Recommended Roads

Just thought I would dig this post out as we were trying to list all the good routes in the area. If I get time I might try and stick these onto some maps so that we can put them all in a central location for all to use.

CBR600RR7

Link to map of TV members...if your not on the map then PM me. My facebook profile
KnightRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-09, 02:55 PM   #22
philbut

cool, good plan mate!
Old 16-03-09, 06:14 PM   #23
pencil shavings

great plan. I went out last week and didnt know where to do and didnt really find any good roads, so some pointers would be welcome!!
Old 17-03-09, 11:59 AM   #24
Matthie

This sounds like an awesome idea, would be good to build up a whole list of roads with reviews in our area.

I would recommend the A339 from Basingstoke - Alton great stretch of road with a good surface and isn't too busy with cars if you pick the right time. Not sure where to go when you are in Alton as I headed back into Basingstoke with my pillion but I should be down that way on Wednesday so might update it.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&so...3,0.30899&z=12

The A339 also runs from Newbury - Basingstoke but this isn't great as it is always busy being the main road, the surface can be dodgy and there are cameras on that section also.
Old 17-03-09, 12:16 PM   #25
RichT

I is watching - Like the idea a lot.
Old 17-03-09, 01:03 PM   #26
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthie View Post
This sounds like an awesome idea, would be good to build up a whole list of roads with reviews in our area.

I would recommend the A339 from Basingstoke - Alton great stretch of road with a good surface and isn't too busy with cars if you pick the right time. Not sure where to go when you are in Alton as I headed back into Basingstoke with my pillion but I should be down that way on Wednesday so might update it.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&so...3,0.30899&z=12

The A339 also runs from Newbury - Basingstoke but this isn't great as it is always busy being the main road, the surface can be dodgy and there are cameras on that section also.
Hey! At last. Another member who lives in my neck of the woods. Where abouts you live? I live in Newbury also. My house overlooks the race course.
Old 17-03-09, 06:09 PM   #27
Warthog

Thought you might pop up and collar him! Remember Matthie, it is customary to submit yourself to the best hospitally in the world and go and have a bacon sandwich chez the Apes
Old 17-03-09, 09:08 PM   #28
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
Thought you might pop up and collar him! Remember Matthie, it is customary to submit yourself to the best hospitally in the world and go and have a bacon sandwich chez the Apes
Indeed. Door is always open for any member of the .org
Old 17-03-09, 10:07 PM   #29
Matthie

Ah cool. I am pretty young though, 17.

I live up by park house school so if you fancy a hoon anytime let me know. I am going to be out tomorrow with a mate if your about give me a shout!
Old 17-03-09, 10:23 PM   #30
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthie View Post
Ah cool. I am pretty young though, 17.

I live up by park house school so if you fancy a hoon anytime let me know. I am going to be out tomorrow with a mate if your about give me a shout!
Cool. About a mile away from me then. If you ever need anything bike related, give me a shout. As for rides. I work so will only ever be out and about on weekends or evenings. Look forward to a blast.