SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 23-08-06, 04:23 PM   #1
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Default Click Click Click Under Braking

I have now have a worreing noise comming from the front brakes/wheel. Under braking i now get a click click click (speed related) noise which is transfered through the bars. It only happens when i apply the brakes. Its a new noise aside from the warped disks buzz. Just is it related to the brakes or possably the wheel bearings, all is fine if im not on the brakes though.

Not a major worrey as i will have some replacement disks next week that are not warped or loose fitting bobins.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-08-06, 04:31 PM   #2
SDMF

i've been having his same noise for about 2 weeks now ( since dropping the bike after walking away from it without the sidestand down) . It only seems to happen though under heavy (emergency-stop type)) braking. I think that it's originating from the calipers, though not 100% certain.
Old 23-08-06, 04:32 PM   #3
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMF
i've been having his same noise for about 2 weeks now ( since dropping the bike after walking away from it without the sidestand down) . It only seems to happen though under heavy (emergency-stop type)) braking. I think that it's originating from the calipers, though not 100% certain.
Ive got a diffrent front end (SRAD 600), diff wheel/forks/disks/brakes. So for me i doubt the calipers.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Old 23-08-06, 10:10 PM   #4
svrash

I think its the loose pads mate, i get the same on mine, especially when i hit a bump while braking

I think the way to solve all the GSXR front end rattles would be to leave the SV front end on but there's no fun in that

Mine brakes have started squeeking, i think i might have some dirt in between the washers spacing the calipers out
Old 23-08-06, 10:12 PM   #5
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by svrash
I think its the loose pads mate, i get the same on mine, especially when i hit a bump while braking

I think to solve all the GSXR front end probs would be to leave the SV front end on but there's no fun in that

Mine brakes have started squeeking, i think i might have some dirt in between the washers spacing the calipers out
I changed them recently and the clunk that was comming from the pads went and left the clunk from the disks (being changed next week hopefully). This noise is something diffrent.

ps. Why have you got washers spacing the calipers out, are you running the later K2+ calipers?

Old 23-08-06, 10:20 PM   #6
svrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM
ps. Why have you got washers spacing the calipers out, are you running the later K2+ calipers?
Oh yeah!! and K2 USD forks
Old 26-08-06, 06:23 PM   #7
TLMark

Could be the disc buttons worn check to see if the discs are loose in the same direction as wheel movement I had this on my old gixxer