SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 17-12-06, 11:22 AM   #1
Tiger 55

Default FS365 - A Stupid Question

So I'm winterising like billy-o and I get to the Scottoiler FS365 part and it says on the bottle to apply "after washing or a wet run". So here's the stupid question:

Does the bike need to be wet before I put this stuff on?

After I wash there's a whirlwind of chamois, cloths and brushes various and by the time I'm finished the bike is bone dry. If I spray on the 365 after rinsing say then I'm just going to rub it off (Matron!) but if I don't dry the bike it's going to be spotty...

And where the hell does it go anyway?

OK, two stupid questions.
Old 17-12-06, 11:30 AM   #2
Duck-man

Hey tiger,

I am also using FS365.

I washed the bike and then dried most of the fairing and then sprayed the FS stuff on the metal bits (which was depressing cause it makes a mess!) then left it!

I was out yesterday on the bike and sprayed it when it i got home, and i have just had the cover off this morning and it seems to be gleaming and clean!

magic!!

Roll on the summer!
Old 18-12-06, 12:22 AM   #3
Law

FS365 covers every single metal part, apart from the brake discs for me.

It's water soluble, so it washes off in a wet run or washing, and needs reapplying to stop your bits corroding. Reapply when it has dried. You need to keep reapplying regularly!!

ACF50 is better protection, I've been told.
Old 18-12-06, 09:39 AM   #4
STRAMASHER
Mega Poster

Keep it off discs and be careful on or near caliper when doing banjos and brake line holders.

Careful on footrest hangers. Keep away from gear lever pivot as it will get sticky. (Blast pivot with wd40.)

Suzuki's have such a s**t finish that your bikes nuts and bolts will get furred-up as soon as it leaves the shop The paint is already falling off the top off my forks( probably due to small stone chips then water ingress).

I blast wd40 all over metal parts apart from the ones above. Fs365 everynight after coming in (bike wet or dry). It will look like a total shag heap after a couple of weekly coats but after a good degrease and wash it will still be aw nice underneath 2 or 3wks without a wash tho' is hard mentally if its your pride and joy

ACF50 is suppossed to be the daddy but i don't get that for free So wd it is.

you are going to lose the war but not every battle.................

Andy (S.A.D. afflicted)

STRAMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-06, 09:58 AM   #5
Viney
Mega Poster

I've given up with all that rubbish. Its gets washed, thats it. If paint flakes off then, i'll paint it in the spring.

I never successfuly used F365. WD40 worked for a while, but got bored with that. If you dont want your bike to corrode, then dont use it in the winter, or buy a honda.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-06, 10:50 AM   #6
Jdubya

Having used the FS365 and ACF50 I would recommend the latter. It stays for longer and wont come off if you just rinse the bike after a salty ride...it will however come off if you wash with Muc-off or any of its cousins/rivals.
HTH
Old 19-12-06, 10:15 AM   #7
Tiger 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney
If you dont want your bike to corrode, then dont use it in the winter, or buy a honda.
That's good advice Viney but if I fight Mrs Tiger for the car she'll win so I'll go with's Stramasher's tips. Thanks peeps.

Mind you, it never rained this morning, maybe I won't need it...
Old 19-12-06, 10:43 AM   #8
Ceri JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney
I've given up with all that rubbish. Its gets washed, thats it. If paint flakes off then, i'll paint it in the spring.

I never successfuly used F365. WD40 worked for a while, but got bored with that. If you dont want your bike to corrode, then dont use it in the winter, or buy a honda.
This is my attitude. Year before last I really looked after mine/cleaned it religiously. The following winter, I did b-all. The amount of deterioration in the latter was no greater than in the first. Plus, there's the fact that if you use your bike every day, it's utterly impractical (and indeed, more than negates the time saved by taking it instead of a car) to give it a thorough clean after every ride.
Old 19-12-06, 11:49 AM   #9
TLMark

I only really spray the 365 on when its the roads are salty and it works well. wd40 stays wet and just attracts dirt, 365 dries.
Old 19-12-06, 01:04 PM   #10
Jdubya

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLMark
... 365 dries.
...and then washes off at the sight of moisture