SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 03-06-06, 09:54 PM   #31
kwak zzr

good info, i was just worried that letting the clutch leaver go compleatly would have the front up too quickly?
Old 03-06-06, 10:58 PM   #32
G - renamed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr
good info, i was just worried that letting the clutch leaver go compleatly would have the front up too quickly?
It does come up quite quickly, however that's what you want really.

It will bog down and not really work if you don't let it out quickly.

However, it will only come up quickly to a certain height, dependant on the revs you use, so 7k was about enough to get me to a decent height, but starting lower down you should get it maybe only popping up 50cm or something.
If you find it drops down straight away at this height, but you don't want to go higher; start with more revs in the first place, then it should be able to keep it up better.
Old 04-06-06, 02:07 AM   #33
zurv

Everyone talks about being able to do a wheelie in 1st just by rolling the throttle, but I cant seem to do that. I sit all the way back and open it all the way as fast as I can and I take off, but no front wheel comes up. I only weight 130lbs.

I have been able to get the front wheel up by slipping the clutch in 1st though.

I have a 2002 sv650s
Old 04-06-06, 07:06 AM   #34
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by zurv
Everyone talks about being able to do a wheelie in 1st just by rolling the throttle, but I cant seem to do that. I sit all the way back and open it all the way as fast as I can and I take off, but no front wheel comes up. I only weight 130lbs.

I have been able to get the front wheel up by slipping the clutch in 1st though.

I have a 2002 sv650s
Sometimes it does not happen for me either, i just power on, shut off throttle and load the front forks, then power on again. The bounce from the forks will make the bike come up on the second power on.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-06, 08:09 AM   #35
TLMark

Sadly having flipped my 125 when i was kid doing wheelies I dont do them on purpose never on the sv.
dont long wheelies cause problems with oil pick up? I remember Ducati not liking of there sbk riders doin wheelies for to long.
Old 04-06-06, 08:28 AM   #36
kwak zzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by G
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr
It does come up quite quickly, however that's what you want really.

It will bog down and not really work if you don't let it out quickly.

However, it will only come up quickly to a certain height, dependant on the revs you use, so 7k was about enough to get me to a decent height, but starting lower down you should get it maybe only popping up 50cm or something.
If you find it drops down straight away at this height, but you don't want to go higher; start with more revs in the first place, then it should be able to keep it up better.
good info cheers. off to mallory now!
Old 04-06-06, 01:36 PM   #37
GSXR Carlos

Default Re: wheelies again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewboy
my R6 will sit on the back wheel all day in second ...then i can change up when on the back wheel......
which model r6 you running? a mate has an 04 and he says something about a tilt sensor in the fuel injection
Old 04-06-06, 08:19 PM   #38
stewboy

Default Re: wheelies again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl PO51 MYV
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewboy
my R6 will sit on the back wheel all day in second ...then i can change up when on the back wheel......
which model r6 you running? a mate has an 04 and he says something about a tilt sensor in the fuel injection

ive got an 51 plate R6 but the fuel injectred version will still wheelie just at well.