SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-03-15, 08:33 AM   #211
Corny Gizmo

Default Re: Top Gear is back

Agreed with that SpecialOne. Why do you think he gets away with so much, because he makes the show.
Old 12-03-15, 09:04 AM   #212
L3nny
Mega Poster

It's been said on every other medium so surprised no-one has mentioned it on here before.

Abuse kids all you like and the BBC doesn't give a toss. In fact they will actively cover it up.

Moan about your food and you get suspended.
Old 12-03-15, 11:54 AM   #213
Spank86

Possibly because the obvious response to that is that you're comparing things in the past with things now.

Clearly the BBC used to cover up horrendous stuff, it's starting to look like these days they go the other way. Funnily this is the first incident Clarkson's had with topgear that I would say is more the fault of the producers.
Old 12-03-15, 12:26 PM   #214
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

What is the actual true story of what happened? does anyone actually know.

The best thing thats come out of all this is James Mays interview where he said Clarkson is a c0ck but I quite like him. Then declared that he didn't know what happened because he was blind drunk... I do like James May.

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-15, 12:54 PM   #215
Corny Gizmo

Apparently it was an argument over catering, I read it was just a scuffle, pushing eachother etc.
Old 12-03-15, 02:06 PM   #216
jambo
Mega Poster

I find all this quite interesting. For a while people have said the show's getting tired, and then when the possibility exists that one of the presenters will be replaced the answer comes "It won't be the same! It'll never work".

Well, maybe that's a good thing. I like top gear, I do, but the format's had to work very hard to feel fresh of late, maybe a change is what's needed. What they cannot do is replace Jeremy Clarkson with someone who wants to play a Clarkson-like character. That would feel like a poor imitation of what the show was.

Various shows have carried on and even done very well after a change of host, "Have I got news for you" moved to a guest host format after Angus Deayton was asked to leave and I thought it went well. I know it's a different format but it was still a popular show with a 3 host line up.

Either he'll be allowed back or he won't but I suspect Top Gear will be back, I just hope it's either in a refreshed format or with Clarkson, not with a substitute character.

Jambo
Old 12-03-15, 02:14 PM   #217
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Storm about a tea cup perhaps
Old 12-03-15, 02:28 PM   #218
SIII
Mega Poster

Talking Re: Top Gear is back

Latest version of events -

Didn't get back to the hotel till late after filming around Hawes, hotel kitchen closed by then, Clarkson spat dummy out, pushing, shoving and lots of swearing and eventually hotel manager did him a steak.

https://uk.tv.yahoo.com/jeremy-clark...101523982.html

Last edited by SIII; 12-03-15 at 02:32 PM.
SIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-15, 02:35 PM   #219
timwilky
Mega Poster

I have used Simonstone Hall (It is on the buttertubs road, between hawes and Muker) a few times when I stay in Askrigg and the food was great (Especially the pigeon). However, last time I went. The restaurant was closed and instead we were redirected to the bar for a snack. so disappointing when you are expecting much more.

No wonder clarkson kicked. There is sod all alternative locally for a good meal. A drive down to Askrigg would find the White Rose and the food there is sometimes good.
Old 12-03-15, 04:13 PM   #220
otaylor38

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTECUK View Post
How about we put up a petition to replace Clarkson with Guy Martin.
Not a chance IMO.

I've read his autobiography and follow abit of what guy does.

I dont think he'd be the slightest bit interested. He doesnt like being in the spotlight so much and is very fussy about what tv work he does. He picks and chooses the decent stuff, as he doesnt want to become 'just another tv presenter