SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Exhausts Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 01-08-06, 07:39 PM   #1
Villers

Default Blue flame!!!??

Fancying a new exhaust soon, just to put some spice into the SV K6. Ive fell in love with the look of the Blue flame low level twin exit oval stainless. Looked to be about 200 quid?

Ive asked a few questions about exhausts and Im sorry if Im boring you all now but heres a few more...

Is the blue flame a good choice? Anywhere I can get a sound file perhaps?

Any cheap offers on these anywhere?

I know its cheeky but I'd like to see a photo of someones cut down exhaust pipe, where its cut etc (maybe someone has done a step by step guide?) how to re-attatch the old pipe?

Lastly will this cause any bother with how the bike runs? Im not after any performance gains, mainly noise, but I dont want to make the bike rough in the process!

Cheers for your patience!

Old 01-08-06, 07:46 PM   #2
Law

I have a Blueflame Evo3 tri-oval can, don't have any complaints apart from I need to get it straight instead of sticking away from the bike.

Do a search for blueflame in the exhaust review section and you'll find some people have had problems with rivets popping. As I said I haven't had any problems.
Old 01-08-06, 07:49 PM   #3
Gazza77

I've had no problems for the 4k or so that I've had mine on. Reading the problem posts about popping rivets, it always seems to be the tri-oval ones that do this rather than oval ones though.

Then Triumph Sprint ST with scottoiler and R&Gs & TOR exhaust

Now Benelli Tornado
Gazza77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-06, 08:57 PM   #4
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Sound and look lovely. However it may well vibrate itself to bits.

Have a look at my thread on the subject in the exhausts section. I'm not the only one to have trouble like this either.

http://forums.sv650.org/viewtopic.php?t=30523

Might I humbly suggest that you have a look at an equivalent can from Remus.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-06, 09:55 PM   #5
paulthewitt

Here is what my K3 looks like with one on...a twin port oval titanium evo (bottom baffle remove on this pic)

Ive had no problems really. They didnt send a link pipe for the original exhaust, so i asked them and they sent one. free. Looks good, sounds nice. Have to say the titanium single port oval sounds a little tinny/ratly tho. My bro has one on his bike and i dont like it. My one is mint tho!

Paul
Old 01-08-06, 10:21 PM   #6
Villers

Thanks for the info so far lads!

Fizzwheel, if Blue flame said 'fair enough send it back and we will replace it' then whats the issue? If it does go pop then I can have it replaced I dont really see a problem. I have had a remus exhaust befire but there was no removable baffle and that was on a CBR6. It seemed a little tame to me though.

Paulthewitt (BCF'er?), I love the way the can looks, how much of what I can see in the picture have you had to change to get the can to fit? Is it up until the dull part where the titanium starts? If so whats the shiny bit on the bottom aswell?
Old 02-08-06, 07:58 AM   #7
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Because personally I think that I shouldnt have had to send it back in the first place. I dont think its the can thats the problem I think its the mounting strap is utter cr*p and its allows the can to vibrate which pops the rivetts out.

I'm not complaining about the aftersales service I'm just not happy that I had to use it.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-06, 08:01 AM   #8
Viney
Mega Poster

They may have improved, and thats not hard, but i my blueflame was pants. Fell to bits 3 times before they replaced the can, then i sold it. You pays your money etc etc.
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-06, 08:12 AM   #9
diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villers
I have had a remus exhaust befire but there was no removable baffle and that was on a CBR6. It seemed a little tame to me though.
Buy a Remus with a removable baffle this time then, i know mine sounded tame when i first got it, when i took the baffle out it was a completely different beast. I didn't realise the baffle made that much difference.
Old 02-08-06, 05:19 PM   #10
TLMark

MMM i'm in the same boat looking for new can for my K3 do like the blurflame alot
but thanks to the post on here I'm also looking at a Fuel one