SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum



Helmets Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 29-05-21, 06:49 PM   #11
Dave20046
Member
Mega Poster
 
Dave20046's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 10,274
Default Re: fibreglass helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
Helmets at Infinity - Scorpion Exo 510 at 150 or HJC i70 reduced from 200 to 130. I sort of like the Scorpion which has the 'seat belt' type buckle rather than the HJC double ring fastening which I am not keen on. However, the salesman seemed to point to the HJC helmet being more aerodynamic because of its narrower width and therefore potentially quieter. Not sure !
Which fitted better? If you couldn't tell did you notice you had to go to an extreme of size in one brand to get it to get on your head? That's a tell it's probably not the right shape. I'm normally a medium or a small - in HJC I could only get XXL on my head and even that was painful.

I must say I much prefer the D loop fastener, it ensures your helmet has the right fit everytime you put it on.
(And you also don't get your third chin caught in it painfully every once in a while when rushing like me)

Also the aero dynamic bit sounds like ********, it might make a minor difference but if the design isn't acoustically friendly it will be worse than the next lid - but I'm not 100% on that
__________________

Last edited by Dave20046; 29-05-21 at 06:52 PM.
Dave20046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-21, 07:56 PM   #12
svenrico
Member
 
svenrico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: North Yorkshire
Posts: 261
Default Re: fibreglass helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
Which fitted better? If you couldn't tell did you notice you had to go to an extreme of size in one brand to get it to get on your head? That's a tell it's probably not the right shape. I'm normally a medium or a small - in HJC I could only get XXL on my head and even that was painful.

I must say I much prefer the D loop fastener, it ensures your helmet has the right fit everytime you put it on.
(And you also don't get your third chin caught in it painfully every once in a while when rushing like me)

Also the aero dynamic bit sounds like ********, it might make a minor difference but if the design isn't acoustically friendly it will be worse than the next lid - but I'm not 100% on that
Haven't actually tried one on yet until I feel I know which one I
want ,considering Covid precautions etc.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-21, 10:11 AM   #13
Dave20046
Member
Mega Poster
 
Dave20046's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sheffield
Posts: 10,274
Default Re: fibreglass helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by svenrico View Post
Haven't actually tried one on yet until I feel I know which one I
want ,considering Covid precautions etc.
Oh don't they let you try them on...or are you worried about the covid? I can't recall how long it lasts on fabric surfaces.
The problem with that plan is you might take weeks deciding then try on the victor and find it's no good.
__________________
Dave20046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-21, 08:46 PM   #14
svenrico
Member
 
svenrico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: North Yorkshire
Posts: 261
Default Re: fibreglass helmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
Oh don't they let you try them on...or are you worried about the covid? I can't recall how long it lasts on fabric surfaces.
The problem with that plan is you might take weeks deciding then try on the victor and find it's no good.
I was thinking about the shop as much as myself ,just didn't want to try helmets unless I was pretty sure it was what I wanted, but a bit of a chicken and egg situation really, it depends on the fit whether any helmet is suitable. (They do let you try them on though if you want.)
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-07-21, 10:42 PM   #15
svenrico
Member
 
svenrico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: North Yorkshire
Posts: 261
Default Re: fibreglass helmet

Shark would have replaced my 100 helmet under warranty because the tab to open the buckle broke, but I decide to pay the extra for a Shark Daven which is fairly quiet.
svenrico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-21, 08:27 AM   #16
gadget
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 367
Default Re: fibreglass helmet

I bought the Scorpion exo 510 air a year ago and tbh it's probably one of the most comfortable lids I've ever had. It was a great deal as it was in the colours of John Mcphee gp jockey, so has a bit of the Scottish flag mixed in with the Union Jack. Granted ... not everyone's cuppa tea but as I rate John it seemed like a good choice as far as replica lids go, it was 225 but I got it for 115.
It has a really comfy removable washable lining, drop down dark internal visor, quick buckle fastening, good vents, pin lock, pump up cheek pads (which work really well tbh), micro quick release ratchet visor, no more wind noise than any other helmet I've owned, relatively light, fit 'n' finish is excellent and as good as lids costing 3-4 times as much, can't really fault it especially for what I paid.
Might be worth a look.
gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GSXR 600 K1-K3 Fibreglass Mudguard svdemon For Sale - SV's and SV related items 1 09-03-10 02:09 PM
GSXR 600 K1-K3 Fibreglass Mudguard svdemon For Sale - Other Bikes and General biking items 3 23-09-09 05:58 PM
Anyone good with fibreglass? dafne Soho Massive 8 20-06-09 05:17 PM
Fibreglass can packing yorkie_chris Stuff Wanted 2 24-05-08 07:42 PM
full fibreglass jacket r4ce_e3nd SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking 18 06-05-06 09:54 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.