SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 16-08-21, 05:19 PM   #1
gadget

Default O ring for clutch cover.

Today I've removed, cleaned and degreased my leaky clutch cover (as posted in 'what have you tinkered with today'), just thought I'd post my findings here as it might be a useful tip for others suffering the same oil leak problem. When refitting the rubber O ring I noticed it wasn't a nice snug fit in it's groove, it seemed it was about 2/3 the width of the groove! I've used a sealant to fill the groove prior to refitting the O ring and refitted the cover, not had a chance to test my work yet as it has to cure for 24hrs. I thought I'd search for alternative O ring materials on 'the bay' and found several sellers advertising Nitrile cord in all sorts of sizes so if my effort fails I'm going to give it a go with some Nitrile cord that fits nice and snug in the cover's groove hopefully negating the need for any kind of gasket goo. My thinking was ... if it's a snug fit it should be slightly thicker in diameter and so would have slightly more surface area to squish down on!?
Just thought it might help fellow sufferers.
gadget is offline   Reply With Quote