SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 15-09-21, 05:49 PM   #11
gadget

Default Re: Who Owns the Fence

If it's not detailed in your deeds I would probably visit your local council planning records office to get it verified as to who exactly is responsible for it, might be a bit of a faff but if anyone will know .. they should. Sorry I can't be more helpful/ specific, I'm no expert on these matters but have previously dealt with planning offices and in general... they can be pretty helpful. Hope you get it sorted.
gadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-21, 07:10 PM   #12
DJ123
Mega Poster

i'm trying again with the council to find out. They're very much always of the 'it's private land' argument until proved otherwise. I got bored of waiting for them to respond and bought the plans on land registry, hopefully this pushes them to admitting they own the fence and will get it repaired.

We'll see what their response is, especially as the fence is split between 2 different houses which casts the question, where do you split it? And why are they responsible for fences that surround everyones property?

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-21, 07:54 AM   #13
gadget

From what you've said so far it sounds like they don't want to commit to any liability for repair or maintenance, at some point they'll have to give you a definitive answer to the problem although that may take a while! They'll probably blame the lack of cooperation on Brexit or Covid or something equally ridiculous. Hope you get it sorted soon though.
Old 16-09-21, 10:39 AM   #14
DJ123
Mega Poster

They responded to my email this morning saying 'its not ours', check with Land Registry.

To which i told them, i have and the property plans/deeds do not mention the bordering fence. I then asked, if you are certain the fence is not yours, can you provide the boundary details you have that confirms this, so the home owner can be approached and made aware of the maintenance to be done.

Turns out they now need to check this and come back to me . . . . .

Funny how they change their tune when you call them out with the information.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-21, 04:31 PM   #15
gadget

Probably thought you wouldn't bother with it all If they drowned you in bulls@#t and lies!