SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 29-09-09, 08:38 PM   #21
monkey

Default Re: Datatool System 4 Red

Nice one TSM. This is just what I need to adjust the sensetivity of my alarm. Are both S4's going to use the same method to enter dealer mode do you think? I'm not sure if I have the red or green.
Old 29-09-09, 08:53 PM   #22
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
Nice one TSM. This is just what I need to adjust the sensetivity of my alarm. Are both S4's going to use the same method to enter dealer mode do you think? I'm not sure if I have the red or green.
yup they use the same sequence

green is a cat 2:1 alarm, usualy it will be used on bikes that have their own built in imobiliser that is already cat 2 rated
red is a cat 1 alarm, used on bikes that have no cat rated imobiliser, but its possable that red ones are installed where a green one would be enough
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-09, 09:22 PM   #23
trek68

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSM View Post
come down to the SV meet in soho on friday, ile give it to you then

no the pinout is not online, i back tracked it all as i bought a loom with it installed, traced it all out and created a pinout myself, i also have the offical installers manual (not the wiring diagram), now i know it works as i installed it on one of my bikes and checked it against 3 system4Red alarms to make sure, i just did not cut the ignition

TSM - You offer help then don't respond. Guess you're ignoring my posts? Figured out the pinout info myself.. and it wasn't like trying to find the the Holy Grail! Bike thieves normally just cut chains and put bikes info vans, not trail through forums seeking advice...most of them can't read anyway!

Anyone that needs any help on this let me know!!! ...Because> that's what's forums are for.
Old 29-09-09, 09:56 PM   #24
monkey

You've got to admit trek it looks a bit dodgy. Thieves aren't going to remove the alarm system on a bike at the side of the road but if they want the bike to be used after it'd be pretty handy info.
Old 29-09-09, 10:37 PM   #25
rictus01
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek68 View Post
TSM - You offer help then don't respond. Guess you're ignoring my posts? Figured out the pinout info myself.. and it wasn't like trying to find the the Holy Grail! Bike thieves normally just cut chains and put bikes info vans, not trail through forums seeking advice...most of them can't read anyway!

Anyone that needs any help on this let me know!!! ...Because> that's what's forums are for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey View Post
You've got to admit trek it looks a bit dodgy. Thieves aren't going to remove the alarm system on a bike at the side of the road but if they want the bike to be used after it'd be pretty handy info.
I quite agree, TSM put up a bit of info to help people he knows, along comes a stranger, and whether you searched for the info and found the site (as that's what it looks like) or not, it comes across as dodgy,most people would have introduced themselves first, the normal stuff, what your name is, where you are from, what bike you have, the normal things, I'd have though you would be known to either someone on the LB forum or here being as you say from e London, but that seems not to be the case, I to would be acting prudently .

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!

Last edited by rictus01; 29-09-09 at 10:42 PM.
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-09, 10:40 PM   #26
trek68

I hear you people need to be care with info that gets passed around but if I was a bike thief that needed to remove a bike alarm, all I would need a multimeter, wire info for the bike and and some wire cutters and tape. It would save time if I had wire diagram for alarm but would not be necessary. All I asked for was the Pinout info as I bought used alarm off the net and would make job easier if I had it...failing that, could ask someone who has the same alarm on their bike since these alarms are pretty popular.

TSM said he'll pass on info at some SV meet in Soho (like he's some sort of copper, lol) then when I asked him about it he didn't reply!

Some guys need to not take themselves too seriously! I had my bike stolen and just trying to avoid or make it harder for this one being stolen but ..end of the day if someone's really wants to steal a bike, they will steal it! That's why we have insurance right?
Old 29-09-09, 10:55 PM   #27
rictus01
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek68 View Post
TSM said he'll pass on info at some SV meet in Soho (like he's some sort of copper, lol) then when I asked him about it he didn't reply!

hear that Ric, set up for the sting mate.....
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-09, 10:59 PM   #28
trek68

lol
Old 03-10-09, 05:39 AM   #29
trek68

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post
I quite agree, TSM put up a bit of info to help people he knows, along comes a stranger, and whether you searched for the info and found the site (as that's what it looks like) or not, it comes across as dodgy,most people would have introduced themselves first, the normal stuff, what your name is, where you are from, what bike you have, the normal things, I'd have though you would be known to either someone on the LB forum or here being as you say from e London, but that seems not to be the case, I to would be acting prudently .

Cheers Mark.
Point taken...so let me start again.

Hi guys, name is T, from E London. I'm not part of a crew but I've heard of and seen the lot that go down Soho, Frith St from Ace because I go to the jazz club Ronnie Scotts sometimes on a Fri. I actually don't ride a Suzuk at alli...but rather Kwak ZX6. Yes I found the forum doing a search after looking for info on installing this used alarm bought of ebay.

I'm new to the forum was looking for has some info about installing Datatool S4 Red but TSM seems to think I could be some bike thief!

I've already got some info here and and the installers manual and diagram. I'm almost there but not 100% sure on the pinout info, so can TSM or someone please give me some advice? Obviously incase the info gets into the WRONG hands you wouldn't want to post here but you can PM or email me.

Thanks kindly

T
Old 03-11-09, 01:51 PM   #30
trek68

UPDATE- Anyone that wants this info I have. Please PM me and I will HELP, share and advise as that's the general idea of the forum. If I wanted to be a copper I would have signed up for the cadets in Hendon, a longtime ago...No Thanks!