SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 03-09-21, 12:53 PM   #321
shiftin_gear98

Default Re: The Covid19 thread

On other matter, I am seriously over bloody Covid.

My household is dropping like flies.

Thank heavens for being double jabbed and the new rules. (which will only screw us all over, once we spread it to everyone)

Last edited by shiftin_gear98; 03-09-21 at 12:55 PM.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-21, 02:07 PM   #322
Seeker
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftin_gear98 View Post
On other matter, I am seriously over bloody Covid.
ditto.

My quarantine finished a couple of days ago but I still don't feel good. Constant nausea, lethargy, no sense of taste nor smell, tightness across chest if I try and exercise. I prefer to be asleep than awake.

I was informed yesterday that it was "just the flu",* this is not like any flu I've experienced.

* by a shopkeeper.

Last edited by Seeker; 04-09-21 at 07:46 AM.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-21, 08:52 PM   #323
redtrummy

We think we had it back in March/April 20. What seemed different was the way the symptoms hit us, one after another. My cough was continuous but only for a hour or so. We both felt fatigued as we got over it and I lost all interest in beer! It was weird.
Found out a couple of weeks ago, at about the same time as we were suffering a girl that was in the same class as me at school died from it.

Thank goodness for the vaccinations
redtrummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-21, 08:37 AM   #324
shiftin_gear98

And so it begins, I'm now positive and have to isolate until the 18th. Which sucks a little as the 17th is my birthday. Currently aching all over. Joy.
Old 01-10-21, 08:12 AM   #325
Seeker
Mega Poster

"Covid? We will just have to live with it".

Britain's covid infection rate is now one of worst in the world. Thanks Javid, the Conservative euthanasia plan is functioning well.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/britain-co...143058249.html
Old 01-10-21, 08:52 AM   #326
SV650rules
Mega Poster

Concentrating on infections is what the press do, they do not have the brains to realise that the more you test the more you find, and UK is testing every man, woman and dog twice a day. It is people getting sick enough to need hospital that matters, and our hospitals appear to be getting back to normal service, our local ones have abandoned social distancing to get more 'normal' ( non-covid ) patients through treatment....

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-21, 09:49 AM   #327
Seeker
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
...and our hospitals appear to be getting back to normal service
this is the "normal" service like the petrol stations are back to "normal"? Covid deaths are now averaging about 130/day and are stable at that number - the government considers that acceptable. I suppose it balances their channel immigration policy...
Old 01-10-21, 10:54 AM   #328
SV650rules
Mega Poster

In an average year about 55 people a day die from seasonal influenza, and 500,000 a year from all causes, about 1400 per day. The number of people dying from things other than Covid is already increasing and will continue to increase in future as a result of closing the whole country and healthcare down for the last 18+ months. Our neighbour arguably died not from covid but from the lockdown, he was in good health and used to get out and about seeing his mates about 3 times a week, but during lockdown stuck at home in 'a bubble' he lost a lot of his mobility, had a fall, ended up in hospital - got sepsis, ( whether from being in hospital or not we may never know ). There has to be a balance between the economy, peoples 'other health issues' and covid, so yes we are going to have to live with it !

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
SV650rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-21, 11:55 AM   #329
Seeker
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV650rules View Post
In an average year about 55 people a day die from seasonal influenza, and 500,000 a year from all causes, about 1400 per day. The number of people dying from things other than Covid is already increasing and will continue to increase in future as a result of closing the whole country and healthcare down for the last 18+ months. Our neighbour arguably died not from covid but from the lockdown, he was in good health and used to get out and about seeing his mates about 3 times a week, but during lockdown stuck at home in 'a bubble' he lost a lot of his mobility, had a fall, ended up in hospital - got sepsis, ( whether from being in hospital or not we may never know ). There has to be a balance between the economy, peoples 'other health issues' and covid, so yes we are going to have to live with it !
I won't argue with your figures since I'm too lazy to google them but, with a few safety precautions, the covid death count could be reduced and the economy would not be impacted.

Mask wearing should not be optional as an example, seat belts aren't, crash helmets aren't, speed limits aren't. If it saved 30 lives per day it would be worth it or to look it another way, if we had a daily mass shooting of 30 people - what would the reaction be? People would be screaming for it to be fixed.
Old 12-10-21, 04:09 PM   #330
Seeker
Mega Poster

UK's covid response was a failure...

"...one of the worst ever public health failures" says an MP's report

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-58876089

Anyone surprised?

The only thing that is surprising is that it won't make any difference to BoZo's Clown Troupe's popularity.