SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

Old 12-09-11, 07:45 PM   #61
MisterTommyH

Default Re: Camping Weekend in the Peaks September 9th-11th

Oh, and just found out it was WMAS. They list serious incidents on their website:

WMAS report of the incident.
MisterTommyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-11, 07:47 PM   #62
Dave20046
Mega Poster

Good link tommy, cheers.
Was on the phone to them for just over 12 minutes, just checked my phone. Don't know how much of that time may have been instruction/evaluation for chris' injuries
Old 12-09-11, 08:03 PM   #63
fenjer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave20046 View Post
Thanks.
I can't really accurately say how much time had passed it was going fast yet felt like forever. I got cut off from one operator then got on the phone to the next I gave them the address and post code and all they'd say was "sorry I'm having trouble finding that address" I'm sure at one point they asked if we really needed an ambulance. After what felt like ages someone said "who the ****s on the other end of that phone?" which convinced me I wasn't the one going mad but after another what felt like 5 minutes that confidence had gone and I just had to pass the phone on. Never felt desperation or helplessness like that, annoyingly one of my first thoughts was why the **** haven't I done a course on this

Edit: sorry if this isn't th time or place for this , just venting I guess. Wouldn't like the same situation to repeat
You need to vent love. we all deal with things like this in different ways.

I just cry at the drop of a hat, sv4me and all the AA drivers will testify to that!

As for doing a course - I couldnt agree more, I genuinely think every biker should do at least basic first air and "first bike on the scene" so you know or have a basic idea of what to do. I've done all mine as part of my training. I'm just glad there were plenty of us around to help out, doesnt bear thinking about what might have happened if he was a solo rider.

You did the right thing in calling 999 though absolutely.
Old 12-09-11, 08:17 PM   #64
sv4me
Mega Poster

I can't remember whose phone I took (think it was Old Gits) but I was giving the emergency services the location too. The girl was going through the saftey procedure such as not moving him or giving him anything to drink as the community responder turned up. Not sure what # phone call this was to 999 but have to admit at the time, I was thinking where the **** is this ambulance?

On reflection, the remoteness of the location was far from ideal. And the obvious distress Chris was in just made time drag even more. If he'd have been less injured and calm, i'm sure we wouldnt have been as frantic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenjer View Post
I just cry at the drop of a hat, sv4me and all the AA drivers will testify to that!
she snotted on me good and proper....kidding!
sv4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-11, 01:49 PM   #65
sv4me
Mega Poster

Thanks to Old Git, I found myself before in Argos (whilst picking something up for the nephew) flicking through the back pages looking at LP cases.

Then when I went into B&Q for some wood preservative, I was drawn to the plumbing section and found myself staring at copper piping.

I'm now weighing up whether I can fashion something for the side of the ninja! So Keith I hope the patents pending, cause i'm stealing your idea
Old 13-09-11, 02:37 PM   #66
fenjer

It's ok, his idea is only patented if you get the LP cases from Ebay...
Old 13-09-11, 05:06 PM   #67
Old Git

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv4me View Post
Thanks to Old Git, I found myself before in Argos (whilst picking something up for the nephew) flicking through the back pages looking at LP cases.

Then when I went into B&Q for some wood preservative, I was drawn to the plumbing section and found myself staring at copper piping.

I'm now weighing up whether I can fashion something for the side of the ninja! So Keith I hope the patents pending, cause i'm stealing your idea
Mate, I am sure that a better job can be done than mine, although it is a bit 'agricultural' looking, this was the first time I had done it, and it was in Feb. with snow on the ground since we were going in April!
So, go for it, at £25 ea for the cases, if it don't work you can always use one for sandwiches to work

If you really do think about it and you want a hand, let me know will be an excuse for a trip out somewhere.
These cases look even more bling!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALUMINIUM-...item35b5061342

used these for the brackets on the back of the cases
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Z-SHAPED-F...item5644cc558e
O.G.

Last edited by Old Git; 13-09-11 at 05:08 PM.
Old Git is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-11, 05:48 PM   #68
sv4me
Mega Poster

Haha cheers, I may take you up on that offer!

I've found black ones to match the bike, I am a massive tart after all! and a square one that could act as a top box if I could fashion a rack for it. If I do go for it, think i'll rename it the GS636

Neh I was well impressed mate, love peoples ingenuiety. And it doesnt pain me to say that, even having been mugged by SW Motech