SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-11-06, 12:57 PM   #11
mysteryjimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinestarhero
He's prob one of those people that buy a gsxr1000 for sunny summer days only, and wobble about thinking they are the mutt's nuts - but with no actual riding control whatsoever.

Just because someone is a motorcyclist, dosnt mean they ride and drive correctly...

Matt
I've posed this before and it was agreed we're all bikers.....
Old 21-11-06, 01:43 PM   #12
thor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryjimbo
Quote:
He's prob one of those people that buy a gsxr1000 for sunny summer days only, and wobble about thinking they are the mutt's nuts - but with no actual riding control whatsoever.

Just because someone is a motorcyclist, dosnt mean they ride and drive correctly...

Matt
but some are ****s...
Old 21-11-06, 01:58 PM   #13
mysteryjimbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysteryjimbo
Quote:

Matt
but some are ****s...
I never said i agreed.
Old 22-11-06, 09:32 AM   #14
peanut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
Still you seem to have taken it all in your stride and not let the red mist get the better of you. Which i have been known to do with morons like that from time to time in the past.
Believe me, 90% of the time I'm a red mist kind of guy

Not quite sure why I kept my cool then, but this morning on my way to work I totally lost my rag with a guy in a Micra who was sitting as far to his right as he could, and thus blocking my progress. I gave the throttle a little blip or two, to let him know I was there, and he moved even further to his right to block me off even more. Next opportunity I got I overtook him, but he accelerated to try and stop me doing that too! I got round him, obviously, then he gave his horn a good long honk I stopped to give him a right mouthful.

The thing is, I feel like I'm being irrational and it annoys me that I let these guys get to me. I'd like to be a much calmer rider, but sometimes people are just too stupid/dangerous for me to let them off. I know it's not my place to tell people how to drive, but sometimes I just can't help myself.
Old 22-11-06, 02:37 PM   #15
Daimo

I get it too, no-one ever does anything wrong, all van drivers are Senna's.......

Like the two pikey style blokes who purposly sat accross the line on the A2 the other day to stop bikers. After an earbashing from me, threats from Mr Pikey n his son to knock me off (hmm, in a queue of traffic? Clever lads really).

I rode off waving smugly knowing they would be sitting in that traffic for another good 30 minutes, while in 10 minutes time, i'll be through the traffic, at my desk, with a cup of tea.....

These kind of people are the brains of britan and we should follow their shining examples. I mean, could you imagine the brightness of all our children........

I try to ignore it these days, just keep saying to myself "only myself lets me get wound up" (Done an assertiveness course as im quick tempered ), keep saying that, u'll soon forget mr retard and his sidekick "puke.."
Old 24-11-06, 11:59 AM   #16
tricky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimo
brains of britan
I do love irony, sorry Daimo couldn't resist that one
Old 24-11-06, 04:00 PM   #17
Daimo

Damn me and super quick miss spelling fingers

Well spotted

I'll get my coat
Old 24-11-06, 04:05 PM   #18
kwak zzr

i hate van drivers at mo.
Old 24-11-06, 04:21 PM   #19
Beenz

Maybe he meant a category Ah licence, for being an @*se hole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
OK I'll bite (again) As its not warm and sunny I'll not be wobbling about on my GSXR thou then. Looks like I'll use the van.
Old 13-12-06, 09:05 AM   #20
peanut

Oh dear.

The red mist got a proper hold of me this morning.

I'm so ashamed . It made me ride like a total tosser for about 5 minutes and rant and swear at some people who really didn''t deserve it.

And all because a guy in a red van went through a red light and blocked a box junction, and then chased me (yes, he actually chased me!) when I dared to remonstrate with him for it.

I really must learn to control my temper.