SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 12-03-10, 11:53 AM   #1
nictry

Default Looks like it could be bye to the SV hello to a 750 Gixxer...eek!

Following on from my recent thread on p/ex values of my 09 SV Sport I was pleasantly surprised on a visit to the local dealers to be offered more than expected and with a healthy discount on a new model GSXR 750 I took the tentative steps towards purchasing it!!!

What I mean by that is I cannot actually take the bike until mid-May due to my 1st years insurance not being up until then and the stooopid insurance quotes without a full yrs NCB (which I guess is obvious for a big powerful sports bike )

Anyway am I a complete loon is my question, having wanted a Fireblade (or something of equal size) for 20+ years (with a near 18 year gap since last owning a bike) I bought the SV last May as my intro back to biking and have loved it since, however the lure of a BIG bike will not go away and when stepping into the showroom today for a look at both the blue/white and the new 'BROWN' version I took one look at the 'BROWN' one and loved it, the reason for my overstatement of its colour is it has to be seen in the flesh to realise just how nice the colour is (well at least I think so)

Anyway I am hoping that the kind dealer will be able to move ahead with the sale and keep hold of the new bike until May (means I will have to part with my SV from beginning of April though ) but as am on hols for 2 weeks in April wont seem to bad.

So back to the question, do I need my head testing for changing to the Gixxer or is it the best thing I could ever do

Last edited by nictry; 12-03-10 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-03-10, 11:55 AM   #2
Amanda

Default Re: Looks like it could be bye to the SV hello to a 750 Gixxer...eek!!!

OOOooooooo yes yeS yES YES!!!! OOOOooo OOOOoo YES!

End of ............
Old 12-03-10, 11:56 AM   #3
SUPERSTARDJ01

I think that colour is beautiful, as is the bike, have you tested it?
Old 12-03-10, 11:59 AM   #4
nictry

The colour is soooooo much better in the flesh too, looks almost black then as you get closer it is like a pearlescent shimmering brown (gosh I sound sad)

And no, haven't tested it as they dont get a demo in until the end of March (but will be out on it as soon as it arrives )
Old 12-03-10, 12:02 PM   #5
SUPERSTARDJ01

No I don't think your mad or loon as you put it but I am very very jealous of you, the power difference will be massive.
Old 12-03-10, 12:28 PM   #6
muffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by nictry View Post
The colour is soooooo much better in the flesh too, looks almost black then as you get closer it is like a pearlescent shimmering brown (gosh I sound sad)

And no, haven't tested it as they dont get a demo in until the end of March (but will be out on it as soon as it arrives )
It's exactly the same as the 08 and 09 750s aside from the cosmetics, why don't you test ride an 08/09 model?
Old 12-03-10, 12:29 PM   #7
LK-SV

Default Re: Looks like it could be bye to the SV hello to a 750 Gixxer...eek!

Brown ?? Yer ... I would !!
Old 12-03-10, 12:35 PM   #8
SUPERSTARDJ01

MCN overall verdict
New for 2008, the K8 is the latest incarnation of the giant-killing Suzuki GSX-R750. With only minor tweaks for this year and a facelift, the 175mph K8 is now the smoothest and most refined GSX-R750 ever. Suzuki say it has the same claimed crank power and torque as the K6/K7 model (150bhp/64ftlb), but during MCN’s Road Test it made a staggering 133bhp at the rear wheel on our dyno. That’s 3bhp more than a 2002 R1 (it’s 3mph faster too) and 6bhp more than the old 954cc FireBlade. The GSX-R750 is still the perfect all-round sportsbike, user-friendly, fast and fun.
Old 12-03-10, 01:08 PM   #9
RichT

I like it...
Old 12-03-10, 01:12 PM   #10
nictry

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffles View Post
It's exactly the same as the 08 and 09 750s aside from the cosmetics, why don't you test ride an 08/09 model?
That was the plan but they dont have a 750 available (until the 2010 demo model comes in)