SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 07-07-06, 08:03 PM   #1
Blue_SV650S

Default Cam chain tensioner

Got a bit of a rattle, sounds a bit cam-chain like. I did a search on here and people have had problems with sticking adjusters. So I want to get in there and give mine a wiggle … but here’s the thing … where is it located?? And are there two (one for the rear, one for the front) or just the one??

It’s a curvy BTW.
Old 07-07-06, 08:28 PM   #2
embee
Mega Poster

Two.

The rear one is easy to get at from the brake side of the rear wheel, up beside the rear exhaust. I guess from your post you know how to "wiggle" them . A little oil will come out when you undo the bolt in the end, but it's only a spoonful.

The front one is a bit of a pain, but do-able. It's tucked under a frame tube on the left rear side of the front cylinder, under the tank. You need particularly slender tools to get the bolt out of the end and a looooooong thin screwdriver to do the wiggling once in there.
embee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-06, 08:38 PM   #3
Blue_SV650S

Ta

I’ll do there rear one as that sounds pretty easy to get to, and hopefully that will quieten things down … if it doesn't, then I’ll just rag it some more and hope it sorts itself out