SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Exhausts Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 01-05-15, 07:08 PM   #1
grahamfirestorm

Smile exhaust for gladius

hi there,i have an American m4 slip on fitted to my sfv and its a lovely piece of kit for the money with a deep bass sound and flawless fuelling,very lightweight too.
Old 03-11-15, 09:13 PM   #2
Big Bad Al

Default Re: exhaust for gladius

I am having trouble deciding what to go for.... I actually like the sound of the stock exhaust but want something louder. I have read that the addition of the catalytic converter means it is difficult to get a really nice sound - even sounds quiet with the exhaust tail off. Plenty of choice but not a lot of opinions. I had no trouble selecting one for my old SV. Need more Gladius owners on this forum!
Old 04-11-15, 07:12 PM   #3
grahamfirestorm

Hi Al,ive got a virtually new black M4 slip-on for the gladius,and they are lightweight,easy to fit,and sound awesome with a deep bass note.The fuelling is superb too.They are from the USA,and it cost me over £200,will sell for £120,cheers Graham.I also have a new comfort seat built by Tony Archer,yours for £100 or both for £200.
Old 04-11-15, 07:41 PM   #4
Big Bad Al

Hi Graham - is the M4 UK road legal? Do you have a pic of the seat? Why r u ditching the M4?
Old 04-11-15, 07:55 PM   #5
grahamfirestorm

Hi Al,i sold the gladius mid-summer,but saved the seat and M4.The M4 doesn't have any "not for road use" on it,and it isn't offensive noise wise.If you search this website I posted some pics of the seat under my user name grahamfirestorm.
Old 04-12-15, 05:07 PM   #6
Tigerjohn

Here's a pic of mine with titanium Scorpion powercone - lovely bit of kit and easy to fit. Not cheap at about £350 but, IMHO, it looks and sounds fantastic! They do a stainless version for around £200 and a carbon finish for about £300.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010983.jpg (58.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-04-16, 03:14 PM   #7
Big Bad Al

Looks nice Tigerjohn - I've just ordered a Hawk GP style from Pipe Werx - a not so well know British manufacturer. Thanks for posting the picture. I'll add mine when it's fitted, hopefully some time this week.
Old 03-04-16, 03:16 PM   #8
Big Bad Al

Hi Graham - sorry I didn't get back to you. I've gone for a road legal end pipe and now after riding daily for the past 7 months I am not having problems with the seat, so won't be changing it. Thanks for the offer though.