SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Racing and Paddock Chat The latest news, talk, and gossip from the world of bike racing, you can also discuss track days here too.

Old 08-04-16, 12:13 AM   #1
edgeofmidnight

Default race bike prep

HI just about to go racing with an 07 650 svs. Done all the lock wiring air filter brake pads etc just need to sort out water and oil catch bottles. Can anyone please give me an idea where to mount the bottles. where to connect to and what dia tubing and clamps needed. Just received the bike today and need to do it tomorrow for scruiteneering and racing on saturday. I dont have any manuals as yet so walk me through it. Also how do i disconect the side stide and clutch cut out switches (join the 2 wires ? )Got a dynamite race no 41.

Btw some of my other bikes are an 03 b12s bandit , a 13 gtr 1400 , 3 x cd 200 roadmaster being made into cafe racers etc.

Many thanks
Old 08-04-16, 06:44 AM   #2
Stuart42

Default Re: race bike prep

Hi

Water catch tank on mine is run from the small overflow pipe by the radiator cap and is run into a small Tropicana bottle which is cable tied to the radiator.

The oil overflow is run into a bottle attached to the generator cover by one of the mounting bolts, but had to make a bracket to allow it to attach.
The overflow pipe is taken from the t joint which I assume is the original pipe.

As to side stand switch, yes just connect the two wires together that come from the side stand, make sure its a good joint though.

Hope this all helps

Cheers
Stuart
Stuart42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-16, 06:22 PM   #3
edgeofmidnight

Default Re: race bike prep

Thanks Stuart. Also read up on twf about the smart clutch switch mod as mine was giving me some problems. Had a great 1st race meet very tight abrasive 2.48 km track. Aldo Scribante Port Elizabeth South Africa. With only 3 laps on the bike after scruiteneering , qualified with a 1:41, 1st race did a 1.37 race 2 a 1:36 and race 3 a 1:32 even managed tp pick off another newby on a R6. Gearing was way to low with a 14 / 47 . Just busy putting a 15 frt sprocket on (torque anyone ?)