SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 07-03-17, 08:58 PM   #1
DomP

Default Van insurance

I'm picking up my Caddy tomorrow and have been looking at insurance quotes, does anyone know the most rcomomical way to do this?

My situation is that we have a family car, my car, my van and my sv. My car may have to go but for now I'm keeping it for ferrying kids around but I'm trying to find the cheapest way to insure them all. My thoughts are eventually a multicar policy or a 'six wheel' policy but is there a better way?
Old 07-03-17, 09:17 PM   #2
DJ123
Mega Poster

Default Re: Van insurance

You need to use any NCD wisely-ensuring you're getting the best discount available. So i would be checking each vehicle with & without it to see where it saves the most £££.
4 vehicles & 1 person too; which one will get used the most; what;s the value of each vehicle: is TPFT ok for some and FC for others?

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-17, 09:38 PM   #3
DomP

My girlfriend will ideally be on my car as well as our family car insurance, may be the van too.
I generally FC them all as I don't find there to be much difference cost wise. Not sure you can have a van on a policy with a car though.
Old 08-03-17, 08:29 AM   #4
timwilky
Mega Poster

I had my van and cars on a multi vehicle policy with Aviva for the last 2 years, separate NCDs identified against each vehicle on the renewal notification. But dumped it 2 weeks ago as the renewal was cheaper to do each individually. The van I did through vanlinedirect. policy is provided by Ageas.

Vanline we ok. but kept asking for the proof of NCD which I provided at the time of taking out the policy and twice after they email asking for it. It is as if they go through the motions but do not actually check if it has already been provided.

What I find strange was one of my car NCDs was accepted to transfer to the van when I first bought it. But they seem reluctant to transfer "van" NCD to a car.

Still with 4 car policies, a van policy and bike policy that is a lot of tax Mr Hammond sees from my insurance.

By the way, the daughter is a named driver on 3 of the policies including the van. No problems with adding women drivers to any.

Last edited by timwilky; 08-03-17 at 08:34 AM.
timwilky is offline   Reply With Quote