SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 10-08-05, 12:41 PM   #1
BoltonSte
Mega Poster

Default Fuel stop **** thingy

Right then, under the tank there is the vacuum operated valve that lets fuel out the tank to the pump. If you look at the bit that bolts to the tank there is a brass fitting on one side.......with me so far?

How is this held in? Would I be able to remove it using a screw out thingy or is it heat pressed in.

Answers on a post card to the usual address.

ste
BoltonSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-05, 12:48 PM   #2
Sid Squid
No, I don't lend tools.
Mega Poster

Are you referring to the brass stub that the fuel hose connects to?

If so then I doubt you'll be successful in removing it, I'd be fairly sure that it's shrunk in during the casting of the valve body.
If an SV650 has a flat tyre in the forest and no-one is there to blow it up, how long will it be 'til someone posts that the reg/rec is duff and the world will end unless a CBR unit is fitted? A little bit of knowledge = a dangerous thing.

"a deathless anthem of nuclear-strength romantic angst"
Sid Squid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-05, 02:55 PM   #3
BoltonSte
Mega Poster

If you look at the valve, there is the square section which has the vac valve and where the hoses attatch, and then there is the part that actualy fasstenes to the tank, on this part on the opposite side to the valve assembly is where the stud I'm refering to, it looks that this was origonaly opend so that the port for the fuel could be made, I was kinad hoping it wasn't cast and is actualy machined into the block so hopefuly it could be removed, otherwise I may drill it out the tap it and put a bolt in it's place.

ste
BoltonSte is offline   Reply With Quote