SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 10-10-07, 08:43 AM   #1
Demonz

Default The £1 Million Cash Card Scratchy

I have a delema. My elderly neighbor gave me one of those scratch cards you get out of magazines... you know the ones that have match 3 symbols and win XXXXX

Anyway he has matched 3 symbols - 3 Aeroplanes so I am guessing it is to win a holiday somewhere - so he gave it to me as he doesnt want it.

Now reading the details - it is an 0906 number and costs a maximum of £9 to confirm the award and win the prize.

Has anyone done this before. I didnt just want to throw it in the rubbish (bad karma as it was a present) and didnt want to add to the profiteering of these guys if they are dodgy.

Anyone had any dealings with things like this?
Old 10-10-07, 08:50 AM   #2
hovis

Default Re: The £1 Million Cash Card Scratchy

rip off

they all are winners, it will cost you £10 phone call to win a £2 bit of tat

IMO
Old 10-10-07, 08:53 AM   #3
neio79

I know someone who did ring up got told he had one an emerald, he had indeed, got it through the post alright. However it was a pure un cut stone, it would have looked nice in a ring if he could have been bothered to get it cut and mounted.

So they might give you what they say they will. Depends if you can afford the £9 or not. I think they make money on peole ringing and never goinf further.

try it and tell us what you got.
Old 10-10-07, 09:49 AM   #4
bignev

They are all a con.

But - if you still wanna ring and see what you've won then use the neighbours phone? He gave it to you after all?

Or - is he a cunning old geezer and when you ring costing you a tenner and be told you have one a holiday will he ask for it back? i.e. he knows it costs that much gets you to ring then if it's anything decent he'll ask for it back?

Nev.
Old 10-10-07, 09:54 AM   #5
Ceri JC

It's a con. You'll have "won" free flights, but on the proviso that you stay in their "recommended" ludicrously expensive hotel, eat and drink there for 2 meals a day, use their connecting service to the airport, etc. all of which negate any savings made on the flight. I just view them as another way of people trying to sell me package holidays.
Old 10-10-07, 11:22 AM   #6
Warthog

Yeah it is always a con. It will be a free holiday which will either be like Ceri described or else the flights are on one specific day, on one year, at midnight, flying to some deserted place, which you will never use and they know it. Throw it away!
Old 10-10-07, 12:38 PM   #7
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

I wouklnt say "con" tbh, its just another/diffrent way to try and get you to part with your cash.

Telling you to use a particular shampoo "cos you're worth it" isnt true, they just want your money for what they are selling. This is similar.

More than likely Grant its a timeshare company behind it and they will offer you either free flights or free accomodation. A lot oof the times they want you to go on the trip cos once you're there they will have you for a week or 2 and try and subtly convince you why owning a week or 2 is a good idea.

Having sold timeshares myself for many years i can only tell you this. They can be great value for money if you buy in the right place in the right week BUT watch out for the yearly maintanece charges.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-07, 01:05 PM   #8
Demonz

Thanks for the comments. You see the thing is there are multiple prizes - £1 M, holidays, cars, tvs etc... so I am not sure if it is just related to timeshare or dodgy travel companies...

These are the terms and conditions for the winners...

http://www.purelycreative.com/help/t...ditions.htm#uk
Old 10-10-07, 01:35 PM   #9
Warthog

In my experience, even if it is cash or electronics as well up for grabs, it is ALWAYS the holiday that you get, and its unusable.