SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 12-09-12, 08:52 PM   #21
flymo
Mega Poster

Default Re: 9/11 respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialone View Post
Dont know if its still there but there was german uboat that was raised and brought to liverpool docks, really wanted to see that as i watched a documentary about it.
Yep, although its been removed into sections that you can now see inside. Its an exhibition at Woodside ferry terminal in Birkenhead. http://www.u-boatstory.co.uk/
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-12, 01:10 PM   #22
Berlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Bar Kid View Post
Totally agree.

To be honest, I am quite shocked this thread has been turned into this by one person slating other people's right to pay tribute to people who died! No matter what the cause of deaths were.

Like I said earlier, it's not your opinion people don' t like Berlin, it's your right to have that and I actually see why someone would have that opinion. That however, does not excuse you to call other peoples thoughts/prayers/respects flor the thousands of people who died "GUFF".
Erm, my point was the respect goes to about 3000 people from several hundred thousand!

My Point was Respect them ALL, don't pick and choose.

and I'm sorry but I seem to have missed the list of thread "rules" where it says I'm not allowed an opinion on something in a free country.

This is exactly the way "free speech" is going now. Anyone who might have a slightly different point of views is at best shouted down by the masses or at worst, burn at the stake as a witch.. or 14 years old Christian Blasphemer!

Isn't that exactly why the war was fought? So people COULD have a different opinion?

I'm not saying anyone shouldn't/couldn't respect anyone. I'm not making noise in the two minute silence, I'm pointing out that everyone should be included, including the many, many times more that have died from (and especially since) the September 11th events than ever usually get mentioned. And at the moment it's growing by about 50 people a day. So in two months there'll be *another* full world trade centre of people have died in Iraq and Afghanistan, that no one is remembering, no one is respecting and no one is giving a **** about.

C

PS. We just finished paying off the war debt two years ago as a country. Thatcher mortgaged the North sea oil and gas fields to pay for it. which is why you're paying so much for fuel. So thanks for all that help America! You did it out of true altruism! And not to make money from an ally and to protect your own interests.

Last edited by Berlin; 13-09-12 at 01:16 PM.
Old 13-09-12, 01:17 PM   #23
Spank86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlin View Post
Isn't that exactly why the war was fought? So people COULD have a different opinion?
Definitely not.

It was pretty much fought because one bunch of countries had the opinion that they wanted a lot of what another bunch of countries had siezed from a third bunch of countries.

(unless you mean a war other than ww2)
Old 13-09-12, 01:24 PM   #24
Bibio
Mega Poster

it's ok though Berlin they are only terrorists and as everybody knows we need to kill all the terrorists.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-12, 01:54 PM   #25
Spank86

Said the French in Spain circa 1800 and the Germans in France circa 1940...
Old 13-09-12, 02:10 PM   #26
gruntygiggles
DaffyGingerBint
Mega Poster

Quote:
Erm, my point was the respect goes to about 3000 people from several hundred thousand!

and I'm sorry but I seem to have missed the list of thread "rules" where it says I'm not allowed an opinion on something in a free country.

This is exactly the way "free speech" is going now. Anyone who might have a slightly different point of views is at best shouted down by the masses or at worst, burn at the stake as a witch.. or 14 years old Christian Blasphemer!

I'm not saying anyone shouldn't/couldn't respect anyone. I'm not making noise in the two minute silence, I'm pointing out that everyone should be included, including the many, many times more that have died from (and especially since) the September 11th events than ever usually get mentioned. And at the moment it's growing by about 50 people a day. So in two months there'll be *another* full world trade centre of people have died in Iraq and Afghanistan, that no one is remembering, no one is respecting and no one is giving a **** about.

C

PS. We just finished paying off the war debt two years ago as a country. Thatcher mortgaged the North sea oil and gas fields to pay for it. which is why you're paying so much for fuel. So thanks for all that help America! You did it out of true altruism! And not to make money from an ally and to protect your own interests.
You say you are not making noise in the two minute silence, but actually, what you have done in this thread is exactly that. The thread is titled as a place of respect for those who lost their lives in this particular atrocity.

If you have a view or opinion about that, fine...no one is disputing your right to share those views or opinions, we are simply saying that it is extremely disrespectful to do that in a place reserved for the paying of respects.

You can go and make your opinions as loudly and clearly as you like in my thread if you want...that is not a place for the paying of respects.

To say that freedom of speech is what entitles you to share your opinion in this thread is a clear indicator that you put a very low value on the rights of others to do the same. An extreme double standard. What makes you so special that you get to tarnish the goodwill of a message by imposing your views when you could very easily have made them elsewhere, leaving this thread a place for those who actually want to pay respects.

Why bring America into it? Why bring other lost lives into it? Why bring politics into it?

Seriously, it is extremely immature and narrow minded to assume that others are being forgotten purely because time is set aside to remember certain people. It almost sounds like you are saying that by paying respects to those who fell on 9/11 means we don't care about those who fell afterwards or those who fell elsewhere or at different events. That is ignorance at its most offensive.

How dare you judge others like that.

You said, " that no one is remembering, no one is respecting and no one is giving a **** about."...

How the hell do you know? They might not be remembering them now, but that doesn't mean that they don't or won't remember them at another time or even at the same time, so this is a ridiculous argument.

Imagine an RIP thread for a lost friend. That thread has been posted to pay respects to one person. Does that mean that the poster or those paying respects are unable to also think of others that they have lost? No. They just don't make it public on the thread.
Does it mean that the posters on that thread are not respecting or giving a **** about others that have been lost? No, it doesn't.

It just means that the vast majority of people will put their own agenda aside to allow others to peacefully pay respects and be tolerant of their desire to do so.

Perhaps you could display a little more tolerance and respect for others and credit them with the ability to be able to respect everyone, whilst...on an anniversary, be public about the few.
Old 13-09-12, 07:10 PM   #27
Milky Bar Kid

Quote:

C

And I agreed with you in relation to the others who have died/are dying but I say again, as you clearly have difficulty in understanding what people type - I FULLY UNDERSTAND AND ACCEPT YOUR OPINION. INFACT, I ALMOST AGREE WITH IT BUT IT DOES NOT, ABSOLUTELY NOT, EXCUSE YOU CALLING THE RESPECT AND TRIBUTES PEOPLE PAY - GUFF.
Old 14-09-12, 03:20 AM   #28
Berlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruntygiggles View Post
... in a place reserved for the paying of respects.
Sorry What?

Reserved? We can have reserved threads now?

That's good to know, I had no idea! When was that decided? Where was it announced?

BTW, 298 people died in Pakistan today and another 30 on a bus in some far flung place. Shall we have a reserved thread for them too?

C

Oh, and for those sending Pm's saying they agree, its a shame you feel you can't just post the comments in this thread.

Last edited by Berlin; 14-09-12 at 03:37 AM.
Old 14-09-12, 06:34 AM   #29
Spank86

Quote:
BTW, 298 people died in Pakistan today and another 30 on a bus in some far flung place. Shall we have a reserved thread for them too?
If you want to start one we can.

I promise I wont post in it to slate it because that would be rude.
Old 14-09-12, 06:44 AM   #30
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

Insofar as any thread can 'belong' to anyone, this thread 'belongs' to Joe Marcon, as he started it.

I'd be really interested to hear his views on how it has developed