SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 09-05-06, 02:42 PM   #1
timwilky
Mega Poster

Default Senior moments et al

Well my bike should have failed its MOT today, the horn whilst working on my pre mot check and again on its way to the test had to be persuaded to function by a sharp rap with a spanner, and then the extra loud Fiamm emitted something resembing a fart crossed witha belch. Subsequent attempts were a total failure.

So I was that suprised when my friendly inspector who considers loud cans a safety feature and is strong on safety presented me with a pass certificate with a "Now we are going to replace that horn" "Of course" that I pocketed the paperwork and chatted.

On the way out pressed the button and the damm thing worked first time.

It was half an hour after I had left that I realised, that not only had I not paid him, but he hadn't asked for payment. You will all be glad to know that I did the honest thing and rode all the way back to give him his £23.80.

Am I an honest gentleman or a overpaid fool?
Old 09-05-06, 02:45 PM   #2
sharriso74

An honest gentlman, and a sensible one. Any MOT inspector who likes loud cans is worth keeping onside
Old 09-05-06, 02:57 PM   #3
Grinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharriso74
An honest gentlman, and a sensible one. Any MOT inspector who likes loud cans is worth keeping onside
Lets just hope that one day there is not a VOSA inspector walking past and takes his permit to MOT away cus he's to much of a nice guy. The horn I can understand, but the loud can could loose him is work.
Old 09-05-06, 03:05 PM   #4
Carsick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinch
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharriso74
Lets just hope that one day there is not a VOSA inspector walking past and takes his permit to MOT away cus he's to much of a nice guy. The horn I can understand, but the loud can could loose him is work.
Not necessarily. It's very easy for a stupidly loud can to be legal under MOT regs. Construction and use, however, is another matter.