SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 07-01-11, 08:04 AM   #1
slloyd

Default Adobe Photoshop - Reducing File Size/Archiving

Good Morning,

Does anyone know the best way of shrinking a photoshop file for archiving but retaining the layer information for potential future use.

I work for a firm of Architects, and we produce building perspectives using Photoshop, but a lot of different options are created during the set-up process.

Unfortunately these files can grow to around 500mb each , so when it comes to trying to reduce file sizes it's a pain, as flattening the images loses all the layer information and then my illustration team get a cobb on.

Any ideas would be greatly received, as I'm trying to reduce space taken up by these massive files, but can't really see any light at the end of the tunnel.

Thanks in advance.

Steve.
slloyd is offline   Reply With Quote