SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Racing and Paddock Chat The latest news, talk, and gossip from the world of bike racing, you can also discuss track days here too.

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-06, 06:28 PM   #1031
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

I think Rossi and Capirossi will play a big part in that.

If Rossi keeps winning and Capirossi keeps taking 2nd places, with Pedrosa riding so well Hayden needs to start taking the fight up there. It'll only take one bad result or a crash and he's gonna struggle.

Not that I care, Its good racing watching them all scrap like they are.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
Old 11-09-06, 06:38 PM   #1032
Peter Henry

Fizz one big difference in those mentioned, apart from Hayden they are real battlers. Yeah Dani is a novice but he has battled and beaten his own team mate on several occasions this season.

My money and admiration goes with Valentino,(when you have picked yourself up off the floor read on!) I know winning races is not all it takes. But from his horrendous start to the reason he has now won 5. Thus far he has been tested by his machinery and tyres and other riders like never before and is really showing his true brilliance.

I know I could whinge at how that spill at Barcelona totally wrecked Loris's chances but he will battle to Valencia and will come out of this with a lot of credit.

Some are saying that Honda made Hayden run a new "internal clutch" which was tested at Brno and he was not comfortable with it? Me I dont buy that, every lead rider is trying something new at virtually every race.

The dicing between Loris and Valentino was superb and with Loris not getting the power down coming out of the next to last turn he had to go for an ultra aggresive move on the inside of Rossi on the last bend. Valentino being the smart cookie he is rode that corner ultra defensively and Loris had no where then to go but wide. He then had no chance of gettting enough power down out of the last curve as the power advantage of the Ducati on that straight only came in on previous laps well after the finish line.

My finishing riders in the title race is shaping like this:

Rossi

Pedrosa

Capirossi

Hayden.

Really well done to Hoppers for a late surge that saw him finish strong and to Sete who came in 5th after not riding the bike for 7 weeks.

Old 11-09-06, 06:45 PM   #1033
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Agreed. I think the other dark horse here is Kenny Roberts JR, he didnt have such a good race this weekend but he's quite capable IMHO of taking points away from Hayden as well.

I think the other trouble with Hayden is that he can't ride round problems like Rossi can, As for Capirex and Pedrosa, well they arent going to give up as you said earlier Dani is tough.

As for Honda, well it would seem that Hayden is riding the development bike. I'm sure he has this written into his contract though. I think that they are hedging their bets. Trying out stuff they might use on next years bike with Hayden, but letting Pedrosa stay on the older stuff and he is doing IMHO a damn fine job with it.

Old 11-09-06, 07:20 PM   #1034
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Henry
Fizz one big difference in those mentioned, apart from Hayden they are real battlers. Yeah Dani is a novice but he has battled and beaten his own team mate on several occasions this season.

My money and admiration goes with Valentino,(when you have picked yourself up off the floor read on!) I know winning races is not all it takes. But from his horrendous start to the reason he has now won 5. Thus far he has been tested by his machinery and tyres and other riders like never before and is really showing his true brilliance.

I know I could whinge at how that spill at Barcelona totally wrecked Loris's chances but he will battle to Valencia and will come out of this with a lot of credit.

Some are saying that Honda made Hayden run a new "internal clutch" which was tested at Brno and he was not comfortable with it? Me I dont buy that, every lead rider is trying something new at virtually every race.

The dicing between Loris and Valentino was superb and with Loris not getting the power down coming out of the next to last turn he had to go for an ultra aggresive move on the inside of Rossi on the last bend. Valentino being the smart cookie he is rode that corner ultra defensively and Loris had no where then to go but wide. He then had no chance of gettting enough power down out of the last curve as the power advantage of the Ducati on that straight only came in on previous laps well after the finish line.

My finishing riders in the title race is shaping like this:

Rossi

Pedrosa

Capirossi

Hayden.

Really well done to Hoppers for a late surge that saw him finish strong and to Sete who came in 5th after not riding the bike for 7 weeks.
OI !!

What have you done with our beloved Peter Henry ??

Give him back immediately !!

:P
Old 11-09-06, 07:22 PM   #1035
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

I know its wrong I dont feel well. I had to have a lie down.

Next he'll be telling us he's selling his Duke.

*Medic, Medic to the thread please*

Old 11-09-06, 09:12 PM   #1036
Peter Henry

You mischievous devils!

Old 11-09-06, 09:35 PM   #1037
Flamin_Squirrel

Quote:
Hayden looks as safe as The Bank of England for champ to me?
Not necessarily, Hayden is only 26 points ahead. Rossi only needs to gain an average of 6.5 points per race to win. To put that in context if Rossi say for example, wins the last four races, Hayden would need a 3rd and three 2nd places to stay ahead.

Old 12-09-06, 07:31 AM   #1038
M65

Quote:
I think it is safe to talk in details about yesterday's superb Moto GP race don't you think peeps? Go on then who's gonna start the ball rolling? Hayden looks as safe as The Bank of England for champ to me?
Expect to see our ecoomy fall on its **** very soon then!

Old 12-09-06, 08:05 AM   #1039
Peter Henry

M65...I think Flaming Squirrel failed to see the real sarcasm in my remark. A 10th and 4th in the last 2 races Hayden really is handing bagfulls of points away at the moment. Even his big fans in the states have given up on him now.

Plus Sete will be battling to assist Loris as much as possible to push him up the charts although I regret he will not win the title.

Old 12-09-06, 09:21 AM   #1040
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Couple of interesting results in WSB as well.Is Bayliss suffering from his old problem of "clinching the title nerves"?He always seems to trip up when he should be making the decisive move to take the spoils.That's not to say he won't win it-----eventually.
Anyone know which of the front runners still don't have traction control?JT is one,but what about Haga?