SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 26-04-11, 11:56 AM   #1
Chris Bird

Default How long should you wait for delivery before getting annoyed?

Exactly one month ago today I ordered a 2 line front and a rear set of Goodridge Braided hoses with shadow fittings. I ordered from www.goodridge.co.uk which is owned and operated by a company called K300 Ltd.

Within hours of purchasing this lot, my bank details were used and I was frauded all over the world from Slough to the USA. I got all my money back so thats no worry. I did however, end up getting suspicious of K300 Ltd, even though I'd received an e-mail from RBS world pay. So I got in touch to tell them their site may not be secure. They assured me it couldn't have been their site that allowed the fraud to take place. I also asked what the time would be to receive my brake lines. I was told 10-15 days as they would have to be made to order.

Ok, no worries. Since the 15 day cut off I've been i touch a few times to see where my stuff was. The girl, the same one I speak to every time, always has a reason but I'm not feeling to sure that I'll receive the hoses at all.

I mean, it's been a whole month now since I ordered them. So I'd like everyone elses opinion on my next steps.

Has anyone else ordered through www.goodridge.co.uk?
Has anyone had a similar problem with k300 Ltd at all?

Would I be out of order by demanding my money back if what I've paid for isn't here by Friday and to tell them to forget about it?

I'm inclined to do this because since ordering, I've also ordered a complete GSXR front end which has got brake hoses on it anyway.

Cheers.
Old 26-04-11, 12:15 PM   #2
ty_uk

Default Re: How long should you wait before getting f****d off!

I think 28 delivery days is more than enough to get your goods supplied and delivered, I would now be asking for repayment!!
Old 26-04-11, 12:55 PM   #3
-Ralph-

The website is at least registered to the same address as given on the website.

Domain name:
goodridge.co.uk

Registrant:
K300 Limited

Registrant type:
UK Limited Company, (Company number: 4564649)

Registrant's address:
437 Buxton Road
Great Moor
Stockport
Cheshire
SK7 5BS
United Kingdom

Last edited by -Ralph-; 26-04-11 at 01:09 PM.
Old 26-04-11, 01:07 PM   #4
-Ralph-

Looks like 437 is this shop.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=437+...350.42,,1,1.19

If you get nowhere by phone, take a ride over the peak district on Saturday and see if there's a motor factor there now. If so walk in and demand a cash refund there and then.
Old 26-04-11, 04:23 PM   #5
collis

Default Re: How long should you wait for delivery before getting annoyed?

Unfortunately the office of fair trading state the following:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distance Selling Regulations
How long do I have to carry out the contract?
3.16 A contract must be carried out within the time limits agreed with the
consumer as stated in your terms and conditions. If no period has
been agreed, the statutory time limit is 30 days from the day after
the day the consumer sends the order to you.
so if you've waited more than 30 days for the goods and they havent even shipped it then your fully entitled to your money back, infact by now i'd be demanding it back and stating (in writing) that i'd want loss of intreset at 3% per day for every day that the money is NOT agreed to be paid back from the day you request it. - Phone then email immeadiately.
Old 26-04-11, 04:52 PM   #6
Berlin

I got the same Google maps link.

The website is registered to the same address...

also coming up as Great Moor Auto Parts..

Last edited by Berlin; 26-04-11 at 05:10 PM.
Old 26-04-11, 06:16 PM   #7
Chris Bird

I sent an e-mail to Goodridge themselves today to see if they could shed any light on the matter. They didn't get in touch with me but they forwarded my e-mail on to K300.

Had a phone call from the girl there and she does seem genuinely concerned about my order. I can't help but feel like a bit of a tool for kicking up a fuss but I think it did need to be done. Even if just for my own piece of mind... Maybe I'm just a sucker for a girls' voice.

According to her it's 'silly season,' and there dealing with each order as fast as they can. Apparently the rate at which they're having to place orders for items from Goodridge, out weighs the rate at which Goodridge can supply.

I've asked for my front lines to be sent to me and to keep me updated on the rear. The annoying thing is, it's the rear I need. I removed my calliper to give it a good clean so I need the new line before I can put it back on.

I just don't know how long to wait to say I want a refund for the rear. I don't really want the money, I want what I've paid for.
Old 26-04-11, 06:55 PM   #8
Stenno

If orders are outstripping the rate at which they can supply, they should have at least stated this on the website or stopped taking orders.

And before someone states the obvious, by not doing this they risk their reputation as I can imagine Chris won't be recommending them to anyone.
Old 27-04-11, 06:11 AM   #9
Berlin

Get your money back and buy from someone who has them in stock

C
Old 27-04-11, 09:07 AM   #10
Bri w

Probably just coincidence but I was in a meeting yesterday where one of the items on the agenda was fraud the organisation was suffering. To cut a long story short we had received several invoices from different companies for goods we hadn't ordered, or received. All the invoices orignated from one source in Stockport.

Probably coincidence but...

Currently - Fighting the urge... seen a nice Triumph America

Previously - Honda CB125, Honda CB400-4 & BSA B40, Moto Guzzi 850, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT380, Kawasaki Z1B, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VFR, Triumph Street Triple R.
Bri w is offline   Reply With Quote