SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 14-09-11, 08:22 PM   #1
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

Default AMAZING opportunity....!

....to sponsor me in this daring, haemaroid risking, boredom inducing, fatigue avoiding challenge......to raise money for the Northwest Air Ambulance (http://www.northwestairambulance.com/) and the CJ Riders Fund (http://www.cjnine.com/).

A team of intrepid explorers (read crazee mo fo's), including my good self, will be attempting to ride 750 miles in 2 days, from Outlon Park, to a number of different UK race tracks, finishing at Brands Hatch.....on peds/scoots/chicken chasers/chav mobiles/50cc motorised vehicles.

We're setting off from Oulton Park on Wednesday 5th October and the plan is to be at Brands for the weekend of the final BSB meet of the 2011 season (not 2012!).

Hopefully, the last leg of the trip will include 1 lap of the famous motor racing circuit, where ultimately, prizes will be awarded for:-

• Fastest ped
  • Slowest ped
  • Best looking ped
  • Worst looking ped
  • Most epic fail
  • Knee down challenge!
In order to compete, I've picked up a ped from Badger's back garden (yes..he does know) as well as a couple of others from a very nice couple in Doncaster.

Now, none of these peds currently work, however I'm hoping to cobble together 1, if not 2 from the collection below, to use for the challenge.

I appreciate money is as tight as (fill with suitable cliche), however this is for 2 really good causes which will benefit a large number of people.

There's a few ways you can support the challenge, either donating online (see the flyer below) or buying raffle tickets.

I appreciate that I'm "Ooop North", however I'd be happy sending raffle tickets to anyone that wants them.

If you win a prize...I'll even cover the postage of sending it to you! BARGAINTASTIC!

Please note, some of the prizes are for 'experiences' in the North West, such as Knowsley Safari Park, the canal boat trip and there's some private tuition or a month's free training at a martial arts centre where I live. However, even if you win one of these, it's an excuse to visit Liverpool, attend one of the local bike meets and even visit me for a cuppa tea (1st one is on the house).

Anyway, enough waffle - please have a look at the different charity websites and/or the BEAST run site itself (www.beastrun.com) and see what you can do to reward the galiant efforts of me and my trusty comrades!

(P.S. If you do decide to donate via JustGiving, please add my username into the comments field so we can track who's collected what.)

PM me if you want any raffle tickets and I'll try and keep bumping this thread (you'll be pleased to know ) with updates as I get the ped(s) up and running.

Thanks guys!

Nobbylad (Mark)

The ped I got from Badger (still think he should have paid me to take it off his hands! )

The trusty steeds!

Nobbylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-11, 09:07 AM   #2
Milky Bar Kid

Default Re: AMAZING opportunity....!

Free bump...

I particularly like the ped with the top box...
Old 15-09-11, 09:38 AM   #3
Owenski

top box? I thought a wheelie bin had crash landed on the back of it.
Old 15-09-11, 06:14 PM   #4
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owenski View Post
top box? I thought a wheelie bin had crash landed on the back of it.
I thought thats where he found them

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-11, 07:51 PM   #5
Ruffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Bar Kid View Post
Free bump...

I particularly like the ped with the top box...
I wonder if it came with pizza leftovers?!!
Ruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-11, 06:13 AM   #6
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

Lol... thanks for the free bump MBK.

The ped with the top box looks like the favourite to make the run at the moment, although the black one is supposedly the best mechanically.

Sadly, Badger's blue one (which was actually red) is relegated to being a donor.

Oh..... and there were no pizza left overs in the top box
Old 24-09-11, 07:30 PM   #7
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

Right you shower of you know whats!

This puppy is now running and is favourite at the moment to make the run.

As is usual in my house, when it's raining, bike maintenance has to be carried out in the kitchen, due to lack of garage availability.

So, 1 ped is up and running and tomorrow I'm going to try getting one of the others going (not the Badger donor ped!).

Oh...and I found out yesterday that not only do we have to go Oulton, Donington, Mallory, Silverstone, Thruxton, Snetterton and Brands Hatch.....we have to ride home from Brands after the BSB final as well!!!!

Come on guys & gals, get your ar$es into gear and get sponsoring me to do this...it's gonna be absolute torture, but it's for 2 great causes!

You can pm me for raffle tickets or sponsor me via team's JustGiving pages below (plse use my username in the comments field so we I can track how much I've raised):-

http://www.justgiving.com/nwaabeastrun Air Ambulance

http://www.justgiving.com/beastrun Cj Riders Fund

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE donate, even if it's only a quid...it all adds up!
Old 26-09-11, 09:55 AM   #8
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

Dropped the scoot in for it's MOT this morning...local mech looked concerned as I rode into the shop in full leathers....turns out the rattling from the scoot is not just old age...it's the main bearings

Anyhoo....hoping to get away with bunging a bit more oil in the petrol tank to get me through the run.

SO...all being well, she'll be MOT'd and insured by the end of the day, with Tax to buy on Saturday.

NOW THEN...I've had a very gratefully received contribution from someone off the org who I HAVE NEVER EVEN MET!

So....what about all those off here that I have met? It's about time you all started digging in and chucking something into the pot.

Then there's the people off here who I have sent stuff to, free of charge who offerered to buy me a pint if they see me....happy to forego said pint if you chuck summat at the just giving pages or pm me for a few raffle tickets.

Then there's the bods online who happily consumed my time on COD Modern Warfare and Black Ops while I showed them how to win games and bag lots of points

Then there's the guys I've shown all my track day skills to, including how to crash on the 1st lap.

There's a few over the Pennines that have benefitted from my tea making skills, chicken pasta bake and whom I've taken the time out to let them work on my bike(s)

SO COME ON GUYS AND GALS OF THE MIGHTY ORG....SHOW THE WORLD WHAT YOU'RE MADE OFF AND GET SPONSORING.

I'm leading the contributions on the Just Giving pages so far and I've got about £70 pledged from peeps in work, as well as sold around £80 raffle tickets. My company will match contributions up to £250, so if I raise £250, I'm guaranteed to be able to give £500 to both causes.

You're all wonderful people...now do something AMAZING!

http://www.justgiving.com/nwaabeastrun
http://www.justgiving.com/beastrun

Oh...and DP....don't make me come round to yours to extract money!
Old 26-09-11, 10:18 AM   #9
Samnooshka

Sponsored!! Good luck!
Old 26-09-11, 06:50 PM   #10
Quiff Wichard
Mega Poster

Where u sleeping? Camping ?

Do you need high vis wearing marshals on vfr's ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk