SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-07-11, 09:26 PM   #1
Tim in Belgium

Default Coast 2 Coast 2 Coast - sponsor me please.

Right the 'Org, at the end of this summer (September) I'm cycling from Robin Hood's Bay to St Bees by road, then running it back along the classic Coast to Coast Wainwright route, taking in the Lake District, Yorkshire Dales and North York Moors. So about 350 miles cycling and running, crossing England twice in 8 days through some of England's toughest terrain.

Training has been long and hard, with preparation starting in 2010, the weekly mileage is really ramping up now. So far the only injury has been a to the ankle whilst surfing, but luckily this has almost fixed. Logistical preparations are ongoing, but I should soon be there.

I'm raising money for Parkinson's UK as a number of family members have had to endure this condition and I thinks any advances in treatment and care are thoroughly worthwhile. All money raised will be going to them directly, all costs for this mad run/bike ride will be from my own pocket.

Please visit my fundraising page:

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/TimHurfordC2C2C

Mods, I hope this is ok, if not please let me know.

Last edited by Tim in Belgium; 20-07-11 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Month added
Old 20-07-11, 11:49 AM   #2
rob13

Default Re: Coast 2 Coast 2 Coast - sponsor me please.

Best of luck pal. Fed it through my twitter feed also.
Old 20-07-11, 11:56 AM   #3
Tim in Belgium

Cheers Rob, and thanks for the donation.
Old 21-07-11, 07:27 AM   #4
danf1234
Mega Poster

I walked the Coast to Coast for Marie Currie in 2009 in 6 days. Walking from St Bees to RHB. Good look, that is some serious terrain to walk up and down, never mind run!
Old 21-07-11, 07:42 AM   #5
Tim in Belgium

Yep cycling across in two days (hoping for a shorter second day but the passes in the Lakes will be tough). Then running it back in 6, I didn't fancy doing it in much less as it will be more than a marathon a day as it is!
Old 22-07-11, 10:06 PM   #6
Tim in Belgium

Cheers Puny for more 'Org donations! will be hobbling into Robin Hood's Bay on Sat September the 18th if all goes to plan, but support at any stage along the way is more than welcome. Dad will hopefully driving a hired campervan, I'll instruct him to have bacon butties on tap!!

Last edited by Tim in Belgium; 22-07-11 at 10:17 PM.
Old 26-07-11, 02:16 PM   #7
Tim in Belgium

Six berth campervan support/home from home just being booked for this, so if anyone wants to come along and support or take part in a section yourre most welcome to join the van of win/sweaty trainers! Setting off from RHB on Sat 10th September, and returning there Saturday 17th Septmber.

Last edited by Tim in Belgium; 26-07-11 at 04:58 PM.
Old 26-07-11, 07:21 PM   #8
punyXpress
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim in Belgium View Post
Cheers Puny for more 'Org donations! will be hobbling into Robin Hood's Bay on Sat September the 18th if all goes to plan, but support at any stage along the way is more than welcome. Dad will hopefully driving a hired campervan, I'll instruct him to have bacon butties on tap!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim in Belgium View Post
Six berth campervan support/home from home just being booked for this, so if anyone wants to come along and support or take part in a section yourre most welcome to join the van of win/sweaty trainers! Setting off from RHB on Sat 10th September, and returning there Saturday 17th Septmber.
Yep, it's 17th Sept ( unless you're crosssing International Date Line !
Good of Paul 6 to lend you his 'van.
Old 14-08-11, 09:26 AM   #9
Tim in Belgium

Just passed the 900 mile mark for this year's running! Under a month to go......
Old 25-08-11, 08:57 PM   #10
punyXpress
Mega Poster

BUMP!
Tim - might just be visiting Goodwood Revival in a pal's replica C-Type. Not sure of details but will keep in touch.