SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 05-09-07, 07:45 PM   #1
Demonz

Default Recommend me a Route to Birmingham

I've gotta scoot up and back tomorrow - does anyone have any recommended roads or roads to avoid from Slough area? A & B Roads preferred.
Old 05-09-07, 08:09 PM   #2
Demonz

Default Re: Recommend me a Route to Birmingham

... if anyones got the day off and fances a ride ill be leaving around 10.30ish - should be back around 5. PM me.
Old 05-09-07, 08:23 PM   #3
fat_brstd

if i had an engine that worked id be with you mate but as i dont i wish you luck
Old 05-09-07, 08:38 PM   #4
Demonz

Yeah sorry to read that one - hope you get it sorted before the last of the good weather runs out.
Old 05-09-07, 09:40 PM   #5
StreetHawk

You could take the A355 out of Slough to Beaconsfield then up to Aylesbury and across to Bicester.. Those roads are nice, fast A roads.. Then a B road up to Banbury then A423 to Coventry and A45 into Brum... Better than the M40 !

Would come along but work stops play..
Old 05-09-07, 10:35 PM   #6
fat_brstd

if your going to bicester head up the b4016 (i think but im ****ed and probably wrong, its the thame to bicester rd and is f@cking ace, watch out cause about 1/3rd of the way is a proper nasty chicane but other than that all the corners open up wide and you can see where you are heading and its a great road, ask sosha, eviltwin or sarah, they will testify.
Old 06-09-07, 08:56 AM   #7
Warthog

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat_brstd View Post
if your going to bicester head up the b4016 (i think but im ****ed and probably wrong, its the thame to bicester rd and is f@cking ace, watch out cause about 1/3rd of the way is a proper nasty chicane but other than that all the corners open up wide and you can see where you are heading and its a great road, ask sosha, eviltwin or sarah, they will testify.
I'l;l testify to that too, but I will correct you its the B4011 I think.
Old 07-09-07, 05:39 PM   #8
Demonz

Was a nice day yesterday. I missed your b4011 but I feel a nice set of roads developing here.

After leaving late I ended up motorway to Oxford and the Banbury Oxford rd which was rubbish - speed limits and boring.

After Banbury I turned onto the A422 - awesome road - through to Stratford-upon-Avon. After Stratford I was stuck in traffic all the way to Birmingham.

So on the way back I think I have cracked a great route. A422 from Stratford to Banbury to Buckingham - then onto the A413 through to Aylesbury - then our favourite roads back to the M40 - or vice versa. My updated map here if anyone wants a nice days ride up to Stratford. I think its around 200 miles up and return.