SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 08-09-07, 06:16 PM   #31
StreetHawk

Default Re: The Which New Bike For Nick Thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by injury_ian View Post
ooo a ninja, hope she turns out to be a gem for you nick.

ps, gisa go mr lol
Got it for a good price so can get a decent car aswell.. Not that i've got around to looking yet! You can have a go on the Ninja if you so wish!
Old 08-09-07, 06:27 PM   #32
fat_brstd

on the car front you considerd a civic vti? you couold pick up a mint low millage one for the change you have left over from the bike swap.
Old 08-09-07, 06:35 PM   #33
StreetHawk

Yeah, considered a Civic, my dad had a few and they never broke down..

FB - You got a plan of action for your engine yet?
Old 08-09-07, 06:36 PM   #34
injury_ian

Hmm, I have a nice MR2 turbo for sale....

Stupid fast AND room for 2 sets of golf clubs in boot! ... Or 1 weeks worth of camping equipment and passenger.

Old 08-09-07, 06:39 PM   #35
StreetHawk

I need something more sedate at my age!
Old 08-09-07, 06:54 PM   #36
fat_brstd

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_1871 View Post
FB - You got a plan of action for your engine yet?
yup, im getting it out of the bike at the moment, which is turning out to be a lot harder than when i dropped my sv lump out mainly because the bike is so heavy and its still got things like wheels attached to it. Then there is a tlr engine (slightly more power - about 8-10 bhp, more aggresive cams higher reving etc) on ebay which looks like it could go for fairly cheep. If its under 400 then im having that or else ive found a tls lump for 500 which i will get. Then its just the small matter of finding time and someone to help (rictus said he would give me a hand which is very very nice of him) as im not the best at putting things back together again.

Once ive got the old engine out, im going to open it up and see whats done the damage and maybe consider a rebuild to make it stupid power, tlr cams for a start and it might need new pistons so see if a big bore kit can be found or something equally stupid or i might just chuck it if its too wrecked. you should have heard it thursday, i got it started and the engine knocking was louder than the exhaust. proper rediculous amounts of damage and still none the wiser as to why it happened. i think big end has gone as do the garage but the recovery guy said he thought it might be a snapped conrod.

on that civic, the vti is a 5 door with a 1.8 vtech chucking out 185 bhp and is good for at least 140 and there cheep. Vtech is so cool you can stay low in the rev range and its like any normal 1.8, stick up to the redline and its power just leaps. If i got a car it would have a vtech (unless it was an rx-7 in which case it would have 1 massive turbo)