SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 01-06-10, 07:36 PM   #1
Tim in Belgium

Default May's Nurburring trip, warning, sun intensive!

After the snow and frost of Easter it was time for some warm tarmac, this second trip was about to begin, aka Trip 1:

A set of Pug wheels squished in for special delivery to the Burgstube, so Steve can keep Heidi happy, a front tyre for Mr Bean and assorted biker crud.

Bob & the Blade were picked up from Rotterdam, after a night drinking with Welly, various Stocktonites and may be some other BMW drivers......

It was soon time for breakfast, dutch service station style as always:

The sun was shining, a sign of things to come, heading south for cheaper petrol...

After unloading at the Blau Ecke ( BE ) it was time to hit the track, we were both a little rusty to begin with, even Karl overtook me on my first lap as I scrubbed in some brand new tyres.

I was soon getting out of the way of the GT3s whilst I remembered what grip was:

After a couple of laps Bob bobbled down to Adenau to see the bike dealer as his nipples were leaking. A quick tweak by a german with a spanner soon had them sealed.

The track was shut a few times over the weekend, a good excuse to catch a few rays:

The new car park commandos soon had it all in check and running smoothly.

We were soon both getting back into the groove of it all:

The track was shut later on Friday evening, so we headed back to the BE and grabbed some food:

Bob has obviously found a new employer, his grand total of zero car laps making him the ideal candidate, although Ron didn't seem to recognise him:

Looking out of the hotel window early in the morning revealed loads of the blue stuff again The track winding through the hills in the distance.

It was time to get out on track again, warming tarmac and snotty tyres as always making the Nordschleife one of life's highlights.

Another busy day in the office, a return to the BE for a touch of chain adjusting, plenty of of fluids, more laps, crazy Kawasakis, undertaking Porkers, plenty of trips to Aral and Ed's.

After all the action it was time for refreshments, new staff needed in the BE Micheala!

Bob was busy topping up his knackered oil burner, Bitburger aiding the precision.

He was also airing his undies the next morning, you can't take this tramp anywhere.

Track closures the following morning meant time for a second breakfast, bacon and eggs, mmmmmmmmmmm....

Hopefully the extra weight would aid traction for hot tyres that were starting to spin up.

I had a thing for BMWs this weekend.

This happened in my rear view mirror as I disappeared up Eiskurve, I thought it was just some oversteer, but it soon got a little extreme, luckily there was no impact.

Bob also experienced an Elise do a little armco arousing, and a group of 5 dutch bikers taking to the grass, heading straight across Adenauer Forst, then rejoining the track on the rear wheel only, the cloggies obviously not used to the corners and hills.

Again getting back in the groove, although a little way off the ideal line:

And time for a little speed.

Another day gone, time for more beers and evening food.
Monday, our 4th day in a row on track and the heat was starting to take it out of us, so steady lapping, nothing manic just enjoying the track with plenty of breaks.

Alkoholfrei beer making a refreshing closure alternative, there's only so much soft drink you can consume.

Before heading out on track for the last few laps.

An early finish as we were knackered revealed a toasty Pug.

Last edited by Tim in Belgium; 01-06-10 at 09:40 PM.
Old 01-06-10, 07:37 PM   #2
Tim in Belgium

Default Re: May's Nurburring trip, warning, sun intensive!

Rider refuelling was required at Pinnochio’s before heading back to Clogland.

Bikes loaded for the return journey before dropping some wheels off at the Burgstube:

Finally back home after a top weekend, 3 ½ days of TF, more than 100 laps between us, loads of top people, both old and new. Another great Nurburgring weekend.

Bob shirked from our Rotterdam offices the following day before heading homeward on the oil burning tourer of choice.

Old 01-06-10, 08:11 PM   #3
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Git.

Pete
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-10, 08:16 PM   #4
starks

jam on toast
that is all
Old 01-06-10, 09:31 PM   #5
bob bobbleton

A fair summary gandalf !

Although the blade only burnt 600ml of oil so a vast improvement

perhaps our trips should be prefixed with the grand slogan "Living the dream"

bobbled bobbles from bobby

Old 01-06-10, 09:36 PM   #6
bob bobbleton

No reference to the blades leaky nipples :-0

I'm honoured.......
Old 01-06-10, 09:41 PM   #7
Tim in Belgium

Fixed for you, as the german nipple tweaker said
Old 01-06-10, 10:00 PM   #8
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

As per usual Tim... Nice wright up and excellent photos...

and +1 to Pete's comment..

Git.

:0)

I must look into this world of Foam :0)
Old 02-06-10, 07:27 AM   #9
melody

Lovely pictures, especially of the food.

I'm heading out there next month. Hope the weather will be as good.
Old 02-06-10, 07:56 AM   #10
timwilky
Mega Poster

I hate you so much.