SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 10-05-10, 05:57 PM   #1
chompy

Default i want to do a track day!

how do i book them and any advice to get started on track days, once i have done a few track days in october i can start doing track day through the raf and eventually hopefully race for the RAF
Old 10-05-10, 06:53 PM   #2
Rob969

Default Re: i want to do a track day!

I did a novice only trackday at Snetterton a couple of months after passing my test. Booked it through these iirc http://www.clubmsv.com/.
Where abouts are you based.
Old 10-05-10, 07:37 PM   #3
Sosha

hottrax, no limits, focussed events, others - uktrackdays... or try googling track of choice
Old 10-05-10, 08:23 PM   #4
Red Herring
Mega Poster

It would be worth getting in with somebody on here (or another forum) who does them regularly and then going to one together. It's easy enough to book one but just having someone around making sure you know what to do and where to be will take a lot of the pressure off you and make for a far more relaxing and enjoyable day. There was talk of us organizing an Org trackday again but I think it sort of fizzled out....

What do you ride, when do you want to do one (weekend or weekday) and did you want to do a particular track?

Last edited by Red Herring; 10-05-10 at 08:23 PM. Reason: spelling again!
Red Herring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-10, 08:54 PM   #5
chompy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob969 View Post
I did a novice only trackday at Snetterton a couple of months after passing my test. Booked it through these iirc http://www.clubmsv.com/.
Where abouts are you based.
cheers ill check it out, based at raf cosford at the moment in birmingham
Old 10-05-10, 08:55 PM   #6
chompy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
It would be worth getting in with somebody on here (or another forum) who does them regularly and then going to one together. It's easy enough to book one but just having someone around making sure you know what to do and where to be will take a lot of the pressure off you and make for a far more relaxing and enjoyable day. There was talk of us organizing an Org trackday again but I think it sort of fizzled out....

What do you ride, when do you want to do one (weekend or weekday) and did you want to do a particular track?
i have a sv650 probably have to be weekend one, and not too bothered about track just want to get out on track
Old 10-05-10, 08:56 PM   #7
Rob969

I'm through at cosford middle of August for 4 weeks on a course. Will be bringing my bike so the wife can have the car.
Old 10-05-10, 08:58 PM   #8
chompy

Quote:
I'm through at cosford middle of August for 4 weeks on a course. Will be bringing my bike so the wife can have the car.
what do you do? im still doing my AMM training at the moment ill be here in august, got the bike up here with me too. just needing a new hugger till i can ride again, its fooked
Old 10-05-10, 08:59 PM   #9
Rob969

Aircraft Leckie at Marham
Old 10-05-10, 09:01 PM   #10
chompy

Quote:
Aircraft Leckie at Marham
ahh awsome whats marham like i have to put my postings in for my 18 months and want to work on tornadoes but lossi is a huge treck