SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

2007 Annual Rideout Discussions & info on the 2007 SV650.org's bigger & better annual rideout.

Old 27-06-07, 09:07 AM   #1
hovis

Default teaboy/girl?

whos baking a brew in the mornings?

i will have a coffee with milk & sweetner (or sugar)

thanx
Old 27-06-07, 09:09 AM   #2
Baph

Default Re: teaboy/girl?

Each to their own. Depends how much I've had to drink, but if I'm up at a reasonable time then I'll probably jump in the shower & head off out to a nearby town for a decent breakfast.

I usually I wake up around 7am without an alarm clock - downside of having kids - in the middle of a field I suspect I'll probably wake up about 6am, again, depending on grog consumed.

Not being unsocialble, anyone that's kicking around at the same time as me are more than welcome to join (but no blokes in the shower with me thanks!!). If I'm leaving early for breakfast I shall endevour to bounce off the rev limt a couple of times. All in the name of community spirit & waking people up in time for the ride, obviously.
Old 27-06-07, 09:14 AM   #3
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baph View Post
Each to their own. Depends how much I've had to drink, but if I'm up at a reasonable time then I'll probably jump in the shower & head off out to a nearby town for a decent breakfast.

I usually I wake up around 7am without an alarm clock - downside of having kids - in the middle of a field I suspect I'll probably wake up about 6am, again, depending on grog consumed.

Not being unsocialble, anyone that's kicking around at the same time as me are more than welcome to join (but no blokes in the shower with me thanks!!). If I'm leaving early for breakfast I shall endevour to bounce off the rev limt a couple of times. All in the name of community spirit & waking people up in time for the ride, obviously.
can i come
Old 27-06-07, 09:16 AM   #4
slark01

I'm usually awake at the crack of dawn so I will have my breakfast ( 1 large cup of coffee ), so the kettle will be on early.
Old 27-06-07, 09:16 AM   #5
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post
can i come
Read wot I wrote.

Anyone that's around at the same time as me, feel free to join. Hoping to leave the campsite around 7ish Saturday, get to a town, find a cafe, sit down have some grub & then get back to the meet point before the ride.

Should be do-able, but if there's lots of folks off out for brekkie, like has been said before, go to different places, otherwise the staff will have a heart attack cooking breakfast for 40 bikers!!

EDIT: Just checked the schedule, looks like brekkie in Kendal could be on (unless Kendal is flooded). Meeting for departure around 9:30am (departing 9:45-10am). Plenty of time to blast up to Kendal & back on the A65.

Last edited by Baph; 27-06-07 at 09:18 AM.
Old 27-06-07, 09:25 AM   #6
timwilky
Mega Poster

Well my breakfast is currently in the freezer and will be packed in me little cool bag along with a couple of eggs. I have already trimmed the fat off the bacon, 4 rashers, 3 sausages, a slice of black pudding wrapped in cling film *2.
so with a small beans/ a few mushrooms I will be sorted for the day.

Now boys, don't p1ss about looking for cafes. Simply ride upto devils (Hovis knows it) and grab a bacon/egg barm and mug of coffee for about £3
Old 27-06-07, 09:29 AM   #7
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
Plenty of time to blast up to Kendal & back on the A65.
I see the flaw in your plan..... Haven't anything constructive to say at this point, I'll be glad just to be there after this week!
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-07, 09:29 AM   #8
plowsie

Quote:
Read wot I wrote.

Anyone that's around at the same time as me, feel free to join. Hoping to leave the campsite around 7ish Saturday, get to a town, find a cafe, sit down have some grub & then get back to the meet point before the ride.

Should be do-able, but if there's lots of folks off out for brekkie, like has been said before, go to different places, otherwise the staff will have a heart attack cooking breakfast for 40 bikers!!

EDIT: Just checked the schedule, looks like brekkie in Kendal could be on (unless Kendal is flooded). Meeting for departure around 9:30am (departing 9:45-10am). Plenty of time to blast up to Kendal & back on the A65.
I'll join ya Baph
Old 27-06-07, 09:29 AM   #9
Baph

Quote:
Originally Posted by timwilky View Post
Now boys, don't p1ss about looking for cafes. Simply ride upto devils (Hovis knows it) and grab a bacon/egg barm and mug of coffee for about £3
That means relying on Hovis' sense of direction.
Old 27-06-07, 09:31 AM   #10
plowsie

It also depends on how he feels after his date