SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-03-06, 02:47 PM   #1
nicknoxx

Default Flyscreen

Hi All

This is my first post here and I've only had a bike for three months, so be gentle!

My 2001 SV came with a small flyscreen which I removed because it didn't fit well, but it's now quite windy at speed and I'd like to fit a screen that DOES fit well.

I was thinking of this one http://www.bikehps.com/mra/variotouring_naked.html

Opinions and alternatives please.

Thanks

Nick
Old 21-03-06, 04:29 PM   #2
Diveboy

Hi nick welcome to the forum. I can't really help as I have the faired model but want to say hello and welcome.
Old 21-03-06, 04:41 PM   #3
Halonic

mornin

right, two options,

1) buy a small screen, Hein Gericke do a good cheap one, or for the more lavish taste try the fabri screen selection (a quick google will show examples)

2) grow some neck muscles

I got a screen to do silly miles with, which it really helps with, but it does make quick blatts round the nicer roads, less.....fun by removing some sense of grr.

Saying that, getting a screen added 10-20mph to my average speed so....
Old 21-03-06, 06:18 PM   #4
kwak zzr

nekkids are great but high speeds can be a pain.
Old 21-03-06, 11:49 PM   #5
Nexus242

wow that's a pretty ugly wind screen. I have a Buell Blast flyscreen on my bike now, cost $30 off Scambay.

And if you want something more fancy then look to Givi, they make a host of screens that fit the 7" round headlight on the SV. I had the Givi 240A (see below) for a while till I went down, worked okay but I did get alot of helmet buffeting.

Oh yeah I added the color matching black and yellow vinyl to it. Looked pretty sharp eh!!
==> http://store.azmusa.com/unwin.html