SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-01-12, 01:04 AM   #11
ogden
Mega Poster

Default Re: MCE Insurance...again

I was with MCE for a year, had no problems (though didn't need to claim) and they sorted me a pair of grid passes for the last round of the BSB at Brands last year, which made my mum's (birth)day.

Every quote I've had from them since then was hilarious though.

ObInsurer, I can offer a thumbs up for Hastings and Chaucer. No quibbles, paid up, job's a good'un.
S1000XR | 990SMT | YZF-R6 #7
ogden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-12, 12:39 PM   #12
plowsie

Haha guess what....

County Court Summons received yesterday.

Ace.

Called to ask WTF and if they really want to do this even though they confirmed last week that there was no further debt and all was clear...Letter in the post making it's way to me apparently...
Old 27-01-12, 12:49 PM   #13
G
Mega Poster

You wil have no doubt spent £70+ on there premium rate numbers sorting it out.

In fact if your 100% sure you can prove everything, I would go to court, then counter claim for all you costs and stress of having to sort it out...
Old 27-01-12, 01:31 PM   #14
squirrel_hunter
Mega Poster

Even if they confirm by writing that they are not taking further action you have received a Court Summons, you must turn up to that even if it is to show the letter from MCE confirming their incompetence. If you don't go the Court may carry on without you and your side of the story.

At this point I'd be getting legal advise.

May I add here, GG is awesome and I think I am in love with Stretchie...he rocks my world!

SH2 | 2MA | GROM | YSR
squirrel_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-12, 01:53 PM   #15
plowsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter View Post
Yeah, that's what I'm in the process of doing now mate.
Old 27-01-12, 02:12 PM   #16
Bibio
Mega Poster

something else to take into consideration about this CCJ fiasco. check your credit rating. if they have put it against your record it's a complete nightmare getting it removed. this has been done to me and it's a red face when your in a shop and about to buy a new bike then 'the computer says no' even though it was ok 6 months prior. but due to a company saying i owed them money (which i don't) my credit rating was demolished in one stupid mistake (which has still not been rectified in 2 years so i cant get credit as they are adamant i owe them money).

worst offenders are insurance company's, mobile phone providers, banks and utility providers who sell supposed debts to debt recovery services (once in the hands of those shower your well and truly stuffed).
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-12, 10:53 PM   #17
Jayneflakes
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel_hunter View Post
Even if they confirm by writing that they are not taking further action you have received a Court Summons, you must turn up to that even if it is to show the letter from MCE confirming their incompetence. If you don't go the Court may carry on without you and your side of the story.

Absolutely this. Legal advice and go to court, they are so rubbish, I doubt they have even told the right department in their own company that this decision has been made.

It is my view that MCE are untrustworthy and do go back on their word. This opinion is based solely on my experience with them. Be very careful when dealing with them. Do not give them the tiniest chance of ripping you off. Good luck and do please let us know the outcome, I am begging you! If only you could video the case and put it on Youtube, however don't because I think you go to prison for this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Jayne you're a Pussy Magnet
My bar swap and custom suspension

Buy my latest novel and help fund my addiction to strippers and Lego.
Jayneflakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-12, 11:03 PM   #18
Drew Carey
Not Fizzwheel
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
something else to take into consideration about this CCJ fiasco. check your credit rating. if they have put it against your record it's a complete nightmare getting it removed. this has been done to me and it's a red face when your in a shop and about to buy a new bike then 'the computer says no' even though it was ok 6 months prior. but due to a company saying i owed them money (which i don't) my credit rating was demolished in one stupid mistake (which has still not been rectified in 2 years so i cant get credit as they are adamant i owe them money).

worst offenders are insurance company's, mobile phone providers, banks and utility providers who sell supposed debts to debt recovery services (once in the hands of those shower your well and truly stuffed).
Just as a slight derail. Register with experian, then when you have your online file submit a comment against the entry. Someone from Experian will call to talk through it and confirm the details.

From that point on, each time that a credit check is carried out it will now be referred automatically. All companies have a legal obligation to read any notices placed on a credit file when a check is being carried out.

Most companies providing they are happy with the reasoning will take it into consideration.....i have had credit accepted post having had comments added. The whole "comments" element was put in place so consumers had a chance to at least have a useable file after having had been a victim of identity theft or if in this case having had an incorrect default etc registered.

More than happy to advise via pm if anyone wants tips on this as i have been through it all. Plus always worth occasionally registering to check it is all clear.

Hovis RIP Buddy - 13/08/1975 - 03/10/2009
"Feckinnnn Unluckkeeeeeeee"

Last edited by Drew Carey; 27-01-12 at 11:05 PM.
Drew Carey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-12, 11:49 PM   #19
Ed

I was looking at a quote from them (MCE) through Tesco compare... but no longer.

Do be sure to return the acknowledgement of service form and do be sure to serve your defence in time!!!
Old 28-01-12, 07:10 PM   #20
matt_rehm_hext

MCE are awful from my personal experience and my good friend who got into bikes last year. Don't go near!

Good luck with legal stuff against them, ******s.