SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-10-16, 05:10 PM   #11
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: BT Master Socket

you would have been cheaper and better getting a qualified spark in to put a plug socket next to the phone socket. how far away is the consumer unit from the phone point? are your floors concrete?
Bibio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-16, 06:20 PM   #12
shiftin_gear98

Yeah, concrete floors. It's just in a naff place, my stairs have a turn. The socket is on the bit that sticks out into the room. Right next to a radiator. It's really not a great place. It's just the burocracy that gets me. I rang BT as it's theirs. Get to speak to someone in India, who tells me I'm not their customer so have to contact Sky. Which are next to useless. Took ages to get to the right department. Guy on phone actually sounded like he knew what he was talking about. Went through all the details, took card details for payment. Not left my account yet. Said Open Reach would ring in the next 48hrs. Even gave a preferred time slot to ring me. Guess what the 48 hrs just lapsed 17 mins ago. No phone call. Nada.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-16, 01:45 PM   #13
NTECUK
Mega Poster

My BT master Socket got moved by the internet fairies next to the TV and router.....
Old 22-10-16, 02:40 PM   #14
shiftin_gear98

I bet their easier to contact.
Old 22-10-16, 11:23 PM   #15
DJFridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTECUK View Post
My BT master Socket got moved by the internet fairies next to the TV and router.....
I presume you slept through the whole thing
Old 23-10-16, 09:58 AM   #16
NTECUK
Mega Poster

I did hear a faint cry of " can you see the wire" as it was fed down the conduit.a and noticed this

In the loft the next time I was up there.
Unfortunately the cost of the box and cable also got the fairy treatment and disappeared.
£3.36 Inc vat for the box.
£5.46 Inc vat for 8 metres cable.
Old 23-10-16, 09:41 PM   #17
DJFridge

Sounds like the internet fairies did you a very good deal
Old 24-10-16, 07:35 AM   #18
NTECUK
Mega Poster

Yep and a lot quicker than open wallet's 6 weeks waiting list.
Old 24-10-16, 09:33 AM   #19
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

BT or Sky can be exceptionally irritating. Our house recently got hit by lightening, along with another four out of the terrace. Even the chap next door with an all singing all dancing new electric system in the house wasn't spared. We lost a lot of high cost equipment. The insurance company were brilliant... However.... Trying to explain to someone in India, that is on the end of a terrible line, that no end of testing will work, because the hub power supply plug, is as black as the ace of spades, as is the telephone power plug, is near impossible. I can't tell you what colour my hub is displaying, I daren't plug it in! The whole terrace had various phones and broadband blown, I could almost hear BT rubbing their hands together in glee!
I think Sky used the same person too. Trying to explain that your box isn't picking up signal and you don't care it's out of warranty, it's not the box, it's the thing stuck up in the air, the same one that blew into a shower of sparks next door but one!
Both tried charging call outs, both didn't get away with it. I spent almost a week getting through to a person who had a brain, and when I finally got a new hub delivered, I received an ethernet cable instead!!!!! So another week wasted! I got a paltry ten quid refund for the wasting of time, and both BT and Sky engineers had to do some work. At least I didn't get charged, but I can't imagine how much money they made because of the lightening strikes that night. I had to laugh on the first morning at ringing BT

Due to the recent lightening strike, we are experiencing a high volume of calls.... Making us lots of money and frustrating the hell out of you... Thanks for calling BT, please try again later

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-16, 02:46 PM   #20
shiftin_gear98

Just realised Sky have taken the £130.00, have I heard from BT? Sweat **** all. Away this week, hence I gave my mobile to ring. Do I have the number to ring them, no because I took a picture of the details and my sodding phone has corrupted the memory card wiping everything. Grrrr