SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bodywork Post your own reviews, opinions and experiences on this subject.

Old 01-07-04, 07:03 PM   #1
Guy H

Default F.Fabbri double bubble screen

Fitted one to my SK4 today, well all I can say is that is was totally painless, took less than 10 mins from start to finish and I think the results look great.

Pics to follow, it's been pi$$ing down today

Oh, I found the best way of geting the rubber nut things back in was to screw the bolt back into it a bit and them push it into the hole (pushing against the bolt head) and then just tighten up.

Apologies if everyone knows that already
Old 02-07-04, 08:48 AM   #2
Skiddy

It didn't look like my rubbery bits were going to fit through in that direction Maybe being an older model the rubber was slightly stiffer?

What I did in the end was to wrap insulation tape very tightly around the rubber bits that are supposed to be on the outside so they were pre-compressed, and leave a bit of extra tape as something to grab onto. I then put the rubber bits on the screen and slotted it in place, fished the ends of the tape through the holes in the fairing, then pulled the tape off, leaving all the rubber bits in the right place.

Err, I think it was easier to do than to explain :P
Old 14-07-04, 08:03 AM   #3
timwilky
Mega Poster

Mine is a SY model so the rubber is getting a bit old but I just put a bit of fairy liquid on the rubber nuts and they popped in with a minimum of fuss.

Hole alignment was good but there is a bit of a gap between the screen and trim, My bro was always telling me to put a double bubble on it as it was draughty compared to riding his duc. (Puff). Now there is nowhere near the force on my chest, but the wind still wants to rip my lid off.
timwilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-04, 08:57 AM   #4
Skiddy

Feels like I'm completely out of the wind with mine on now, but I am a bit of a short-****
Old 05-10-04, 05:44 PM   #5
rukus

yeah.. I fitted one today... painless, except for getting the grommits out, was using a pair of pliers and I manged to slip and put a scratch in the fairing, no worries though cos it was duffed up already anyway

Easiest way of getting them back in was the method described using the bolts partly screwed in.

THe screen came with a warning about melting clocks and not to park the bike facing the sun, or put something opaque over the clocks which I thought was interesting considering recent discussions..

Ruk
Old 05-10-04, 07:01 PM   #6
Cloggsy

Default Re: F.Fabbri double bubble screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy H
Pictures of that lovely exhaust would be nice too - close-up ones (from different angles etc)
Old 07-10-04, 07:38 PM   #7
Guy H

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloggsy
Quote:
Pictures of that lovely exhaust would be nice too - close-up ones (from different angles etc)
I know, I know, I've been meaning to do it for ages. Did you look at the link I PM'd you?

Anyway zorst pics to follow soon, once I've stopped working so much, cleaned the bike and remember to take my camera out LOL

Cheers
Guy
Old 07-10-04, 08:06 PM   #8
Cloggsy

Quote:
I know, I know, I've been meaning to do it for ages. Did you look at the link I PM'd you?
I did Guy, but they were from a long way off with you sat on the bike
Old 07-10-04, 08:33 PM   #9
fraser01

I think some pics of your bike full stop would be nice..heh Guy.....

I want to see what accessories you got.....

Old 07-10-04, 09:12 PM   #10
Guy H

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraser01
I think some pics of your bike full stop would be nice..heh Guy.....

I want to see what accessories you got.....

There are some pics at http://www.htsuk.plus.com/eurotrip/INDEX.HTM click the 'index' links on the left of the main page for more. The 44 pics index has a lot of 'posed' bike pics.

Be warned though there are a few of them

The other indexes have got some pics from the Alps and other stuff

Cheers
Guy