SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 07-02-06, 03:06 PM   #1
jim@55

Default suitable bike??

anybody selling a bike they dont want-not a big one...story so far-my wife passed her full test last yr ,WE bought an sv ,ideal bike for both of us as i was just getting back on a bike .she sat on the bike (2001 curvey)in the dealers and said she was comfortable with it,great i thought ,suits us both,bought the bike and its superb(for me)she now says its too big/heavy /bulky for her!!!she has been out on the bike 3,yes 3 times and has formed that opinion,now she wont entertain it at all ,,so i am on the lookout for something small/lightish (500cc max) and a low seat height (shes only 5'3 and 8 st so no supermotos) oh and btw cheap would be good ,anybody know of something lying about in a shed /back garden that runs,its really just to get her out on a bike and i can go with her on the sv
Old 07-02-06, 03:11 PM   #2
Viney
Mega Poster

Caz was selling her CB500. Not sure if she sold it in the end. Drop her a pm
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-06, 03:13 PM   #3
Carsick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney
GS500F, I thought.
Old 07-02-06, 03:20 PM   #4
Peter Henry

Jim...Dont tell me you missed that Honda 400Four that XVS was selling? Would have been perfect once your sorted all the bits from the twenty odd boxes! Your lass would have enjoyed organising you with that little job!
Old 07-02-06, 03:36 PM   #5
northwind
Mega Poster

Virago 535? Just as heavy, probably heavier in fact, but far easier to ride, lower in the seat, and you sit right in it instead of on it.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-06, 04:08 PM   #6
jim@55

yeah andy ,a virago sprung to mind straight away ,know of any locally (and im having a prob on e-bay just now(computer problem )so thats a non starter
Old 07-02-06, 04:10 PM   #7
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carsick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney
GS500F, I thought.
thats the one!
My boss was looking at it only a couple of weeks ago, very nice tidy bike too.
I'm sure she still has it.
Lots of bike for the money imho.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-06, 04:12 PM   #8
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

What about an SV with a cut down seat....

My girlfriend is selling her old SV, its a naked X reg candy grand blue, needs a bit of tidying up, But it does have a cut down seat on it as Liz is short. So I feel pretty confident that your wife would get on OK with it. She doesnt want a huge amount of money for it. It does need an MOT and Tax and also a new front brake lever, also the front mudguard is cracked, We have a replacement front mudguard but it would need painting.

If not then cool no problems, if you want some more details then PM me or e.d.

Cheers

Fizz

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-06, 04:23 PM   #9
Peter Henry

It's a confidance thing Jim. I would consider getting her a half decent 250 4 stroke. Light and nimble and enough go to keep up,but not too much to frighten her.
Old 07-02-06, 04:24 PM   #10
Carsick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel
What about an SV with a cut down seat....

My girlfriend is selling her old SV, its a naked X reg candy grand blue, needs a bit of tidying up, But it does have a cut down seat on it as Liz is short. So I feel pretty confident that your wife would get on OK with it. She doesnt want a huge amount of money for it. It does need an MOT and Tax and also a new front brake lever, also the front mudguard is cracked, We have a replacement front mudguard but it would need painting.

If not then cool no problems, if you want some more details then PM me or e.d.

Cheers

Fizz
She's selling the minimoto!?