SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 21-08-07, 09:52 PM   #1
mario_dave

Default sv650s K6 special exhausts.

hey.this is first post, got sv last week. ANYWAY. was wondering whether it is possible to buy a high mount exhaust (kinda sits under rear seat) for a K6? been looking around but cant find.

What would be even better is a twin exhaust that goes out either side. is this stuff possible? THANK YOU
Old 21-08-07, 11:46 PM   #2
fat_brstd

Default Re: sv650s K6 special exhausts..............

it is possible, as for cost vs power improvements its a mixed bag. A simple single end can will give you a couple more hp and is cheepest and easiest but getting a high level link pipe (like i had on my curvy - the older shape whilst yours being a k6 is the newer pointy shape) can be costly as most manufactorers dont include them in the fitting kit and you run the risk of loosing the pillion footpegs to fit it in meaning you will fail an mot if you rear seat instead of a seat cowl because you need foot pegs for a pillion if you have a pillion seat. As for duel cans i dont believe that there is any company that makes a proper 2 can system (one for each cylinder) for an sv but im probably wrong. The problem with having 2 exhaust is that they weigh a lot. This is one of the major benefits of a an aftermarket full systems, its down to the wieght reduction rather than than the power increase (and making it sound better is important to a lot of people, myself included as I consider it to be a saftey feature)

As for brands an sv isnt going to destroy any can realy quickly. I personaly like remus cans as the build quality is realy good but the cost is silly money compaired to carbon can company or fuel cans (see ebay for cheep reasonable cans)

The main question is what do you want a new can for more noise, more power or to make your bike more individual (ie better looking). This is something which only you can decide. I suggest that you head down to your local meet (at the bottom of the main forum list there are a whole bunch of people who are separated by location so speak to the mod of the grounp nearsest you) and im sure you will get to listen to a whole bunch of sv's with different end cans and then be able to make the best educated guess as to what you want.
Old 22-08-07, 09:38 AM   #3
mario_dave

Default Re: sv650s K6 special exhausts..............

thanks ever so much for all that mate. im not really looking for a power increase, just want it to look cool and sound cool (am i lame? ha). my motorcycle instructor said akropovic cans are just simply the best can in the world. would fitting high exhaust mounts be a custom job then or is there somewhere where they sell modification parts?
Old 22-08-07, 04:25 PM   #4
sv650nutter149

Default Re: sv650s K6 special exhausts.

u can get customones if u have a big wedge in ur pocket lol. akrapovic cans/ systems id just go for the 99 quid slip ons
Old 22-08-07, 04:29 PM   #5
ASM-Forever

Default Re: sv650s K6 special exhausts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv650nutter149 View Post
id just go for the 99 quid slip ons
Agreed.

IMHO why spend 10%+ of the value of the bike on a can, when for £100 fuel and ccc are decent enough.