SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Thames Valley Rideouts and meets for Thames Valleyers and beyond..

Old 31-01-08, 12:30 PM   #21
Warthog

Default Re: had a bit of an off

James I just read this man, what an unfortunate thing to happen, really sorry to hear about your smashed leg. PM me which hospital you are in and when we can come visit, I might be able to annoy you for an hour with my presence. You are one of the best riders I have ridden with (you kept up with Stu!) so I fully beleive there was little you could have done if it was just a random slippery patch. Here's hoping you get a very speedy recovery.
Old 31-01-08, 12:34 PM   #22
Stig

He's in Basingstoke Hospital and hoping to be going home tomorrow.
Old 31-01-08, 12:50 PM   #23
fat_brstd

Holy crap dude, hope you get better soon and as an added incentive you should aim to be back on the road for my b-day rideout/bbq That gives you about 2 and a half months but as always you never know how long its going to take.

the food aint as bad as it used to be. hope your home soon and the bikes not too badly damaged. If you need anything to help get it back together ive got some bits curvy that might be of use.
Old 31-01-08, 01:58 PM   #24
SDMF

thanks everyone. as bigape said i'm in basingstoke hospital. hopefully going to be allowed to go home tomorrow. i think the leg should fully heal in 12weeks time, hopefully be riding again before then, as wnted to go to BSB at thruxton in bout 11weeks!
Old 31-01-08, 02:26 PM   #25
ASM-Forever

So whats the plan RE visiting....does anyone want to go to the hospital this evening, or are we waiting for him to go home first?

Things to factor in include:

Hospital: Possibility of seeing attractive nurses(although in my experience they're mostly a myth)
We can eat his grapes.
Chance to steal uniforms and strut around the hospital showing everyone our PHD's. (pretty huge d****)

Home: We can eat the food in his house
We won't contract MRSA or whatever flesh eating bacteria is currently all the rage in the NHS.
Old 31-01-08, 02:34 PM   #26
Stig

I wanted to visit today but have had my plans scuppered. If anyone is thinking of going in the car, can they come by my way and pick me up

Having just come out of an NHS hospital, I probably already have MRSA so if James doesn't have yet I could always oblige and pass it on.
Old 31-01-08, 03:50 PM   #27
sv650nutter149

soz to hear bout ur off mate.... should take pics of road surface.... surely some 1 has to have a say in this now!!! as for for the nice nurses.... theres some in wexham i only know cause i work there....
had a guy come in yesterday hit 2 cars and his leg was mashed.....
go careful y'all
Old 31-01-08, 05:28 PM   #28
tonyk
Mega Poster

oh god just read this..
**** happens............er sorry about your fall.
not very good am i ?
i'm working all this week.
next week i'm off.................anyone wants a lift by car i'm free....
any time, just pm me....
all the best..

"Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and clear all doubts."
Some days its not even worth chewing through the restraints...
tonyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-08, 06:50 PM   #29
StreetHawk

Sorry to hear this mate.. I was just about to post a 'Anyone seen SDMF' thread!

Hope the leg heals quickly, did they give you an idea of when you it will be healed?
Old 31-01-08, 08:10 PM   #30
SDMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_1871 View Post
Sorry to hear this mate.. I was just about to post a 'Anyone seen SDMF' thread!
yeah i know i hadn't been on much since new year, just been busy lately. though i was hoping to make it down to the next shire horse meet. that may have to wait a while now. nick- doctors said about 12weeks to fully heal, though i guess i am a rather finely tuned athletic machine so hopefully be quicker! lol. what made it worse the other day was i kept hearing bikes go past the hospital, whilst i'm stuck in bed grrr. on a positive note, i think my all important white boots manged to survive so does this make me a member of the wonky knee club???