SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Border Patrol Covering North Wales, Shropshire, Staffs, Merseyside and Cheshire for SV650.org members, past, present and future

View Poll Results: Whose Coming?
I'll Be there 6 66.67%
I can't make it 3 33.33%
Don't Care option 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-07, 04:41 PM   #71
Brian

Default Re: The bridge, Llangollen, 3.10.07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro68 View Post
I'll PM you my number for future reference
Thank's Pete mate, could of done with your number on Wednesday night lol.
Will pm you mine in a sec!

I just hope nobody was waiting on me or worried etc as I said i'd deffo be there
Still feel a bit crap about letting you all down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypants View Post
I reckon brian was paying us all back for not turning up at the tap!
Hehe, I was!!! lol
Nah only messin', that was the first time my bike had ever run dry!
I've gone for loads of short rides on reserve in the past and I kinda got into the mindset that my reserve tank would never run dry on me (it does btw).

I crapped my pants when the bike died, as a little red light came on (which I think is usually for temperature) to tell me the bike had run dry, i'd never seen that little light lit up before lol.

Next time i'll have a full tank in advance... p*ss poor preperation = p*ss poor performance, lesson learned!

Again, sorry guys!
Old 05-10-07, 05:03 PM   #72
stewie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Thank's Pete mate, could of done with your number on Wednesday night lol.
Will pm you mine in a sec!

I just hope nobody was waiting on me or worried etc as I said i'd deffo be there
Still feel a bit crap about letting you all down

Hehe, I was!!! lol
Nah only messin', that was the first time my bike had ever run dry!
I've gone for loads of short rides on reserve in the past and I kinda got into the mindset that my reserve tank would never run dry on me (it does btw).

I crapped my pants when the bike died, as a little red light came on (which I think is usually for temperature) to tell me the bike had run dry, i'd never seen that little light lit up before lol.

Next time i'll have a full tank in advance... p*ss poor preperation = p*ss poor performance, lesson learned!

Again, sorry guys!
Dont worry about, I keep turning for rideouts in me bloody car !
Old 05-10-07, 05:23 PM   #73
Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewie View Post
I keep turning for rideouts in me bloody car !
Now that is shameful, I doubt i'd ever show my face again at the Org if I did that
But then again, I don't drive, so can't

Luckypants!! (I think it was you, can't find the relevent post)
I almost forgot, thankyou for the invite to baldies rideout on Weds.
I'm in the bulding trade and it takes me ages to get ready, tea, showered (as i'm allways covered in crap) and bike prepped etc.
So, I wouldn't of been able to make it anyway (except for the obvious fuel issue on Weds).
Just wanted to say thanks for the invite as I didn't want you to think I was being rude/ignoring your post etc.
Was in a mad panic on Weds to get out so didn't really have time to reply to say if i'd be able to make the rideout etc.. Danke!
Old 08-10-07, 07:46 AM   #74
plowsie

Quote:
Luckypants!! (I think it was you, can't find the relevent post)
I almost forgot, thankyou for the invite to baldies rideout on Weds.
I'm in the bulding trade and it takes me ages to get ready, tea, showered (as i'm allways covered in crap) and bike prepped etc.
So, I wouldn't of been able to make it anyway (except for the obvious fuel issue on Weds).
Just wanted to say thanks for the invite as I didn't want you to think I was being rude/ignoring your post etc.
Was in a mad panic on Weds to get out so didn't really have time to reply to say if i'd be able to make the rideout etc.. Danke!
It was me and Pedro who organised the baldies rideout....here was the result...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro68
I think I found mine n plowsie's route to The Bridge this evening ...

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&hl...UTF8&z=12&om=1

Quite appropriate that we should turn into "C0ckbank Lane" LOL

This was a single track road with mud n grass in the middle in some parts. No lights, no sense of direction, no tread on our tyres, so it was a bit "hairy", but we got there in the end

Pete
Quote:
Originally Posted by God himself(Me)
Haha thats the way we went... Thats awesome, i got us in the general bloody direction I'm amazed how not off route we were I'm good at getting lost me.

Left at 4.50, took me 1 hour 15mins to get outta Northamptonshire by then it was 6.15, received a text from Dave saying he will be there, by this point i had just joined the M6 and in the Petrol station, i still managed to get to Whitchurch only 20 mins late, i doin miles in less minutes on busy A roads....We could say i was pacing myself.

Getting back was fun...Felt like the longest journey of me life and was only 2 n a bit hours from the maccy d's near Llangollen. I left there at 25 past 11, and was tucked up in bed by 1.17

Good to see you all and have a natter and glad someone noticed me headlight lol.

Slark you are the least illegal out of all of us(except for Mike but he rides a H**** ) I was goin too quick to be caught by police on way back, scary really.

REMEMBER TARGET FIXATION IS A BAD THING!!!!!!!
Old 08-10-07, 05:04 PM   #75
Brian

Ahhh...

Sorry Plowsie/Pedro, coulda sworn it was Luckypants who invited me along, obviously not
That'd probably explain why I couldn't find the relevant post lol.
Anyway, thanks for the invite, will try and make the next rideout but I never work in the same place twice so it's hard to judge what times i'm available, one week I can be working five miles from home, the next 50 etc...

P.s Is the next meet at the Stormy Petral, I see no date has yet been set for the next meet, or should I just be patient and wait?
Old 08-10-07, 05:30 PM   #76
stewie

Quote:
Ahhh...

Sorry Plowsie/Pedro, coulda sworn it was Luckypants who invited me along, obviously not
That'd probably explain why I couldn't find the relevant post lol.
Anyway, thanks for the invite, will try and make the next rideout but I never work in the same place twice so it's hard to judge what times i'm available, one week I can be working five miles from home, the next 50 etc...

P.s Is the next meet at the Stormy Petral, I see no date has yet been set for the next meet, or should I just be patient and wait?
Top of me ead its the 17th of october Brian, dunno who,s coming from this end tho