SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Old 01-10-06, 04:59 PM   #1
hovis

Default local bike clothing shop

ive posted this here cos its local info im after

i am looking to get some tidy bike gear(i dont think i impressed jabba with my levis & cats )
& looking for a big shop in the area that dose a lot of clothing as i need to try a jacket on

Old 01-10-06, 06:10 PM   #2
Xan173

I can only tell you about Bristol mate....

Fowlers http://www.fowlers.co.uk/retail/
Massive range of stuff, not so many cheaper options

J&S Accessories http://www.jsaccessories.com/
Big range, plenty of cheaper options

And of course Hein Gericke (Cardiff shop is better than the Bristol one).
Old 01-10-06, 06:35 PM   #3
Jabba

Default Re: local bike clothing shop

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovi5
i dont think i impressed jabba with my levis & cats
It's not about impressing people, it's about being properly kitted out in case the worst happens. Jeans will not protect you in an off (you cats might fare better ), but you know that

It's also about staying warm and dry through the winter. Your ability to concentrate and ride will be severely impaired if you get wet and your core body temperature drops; it's worse that trying to ride after drinking beer. First the hands go.......and it's downhill from there

I'm not one for being impressed with labels either.......I've heard some great reports about kit was being sold by Aldi and Lidl a few months ago. I think that the textile suits at Aldi was some rebadged HG stuff. Decent looking textile suit, waterproof with themal lining and CE armour was less than £100, and all German made.

I got a one-piece lined waterproof oversuit for £10 and the gloves I got for £13 are the only ones I've had that have never leaked.

Jabba's Top Tip:
Sign up for the Lidl and Aldi e-newsletters that tell you about forthcoming special offers
Old 01-10-06, 06:51 PM   #4
hovis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabba
Quote:
i dont think i impressed jabba with my levis & cats
It's not about impressing people, it's about being properly kitted out in case the worst happens. Jeans will not protect you in an off (you cats might fare better ), but you know that

It's also about staying warm and dry through the winter. Your ability to concentrate and ride will be severely impaired if you get wet and your core body temperature drops; it's worse that trying to ride after drinking beer. First the hands go.......and it's downhill from there

I'm not one for being impressed with labels either.......I've heard some great reports about kit was being sold by Aldi and Lidl a few months ago. I think that the textile suits at Aldi was some rebadged HG stuff. Decent looking textile suit, waterproof with themal lining and CE armour was less than £100, and all German made.

I got a one-piece lined waterproof oversuit for £10 and the gloves I got for £13 are the only ones I've had that have never leaked.

Jabba's Top Tip:
Sign up for the Lidl and Aldi e-newsletters that tell you about forthcoming special offers
i was'nt having a go. i know i need new gear( my trials bike stuff wont do) & im greatful for the help & advice.
as i said i will have gear for sat. bristol ride out

its just the jacket could be a problem, so i want to try a few on first
Old 01-10-06, 06:59 PM   #5
hovis

thanx
just done it
Old 01-10-06, 07:07 PM   #6
Professor

Lidl and Aldi sell biking gear one day a year, in the Spring. You have to know
the day in advance (through their websites or leaflets) and be at the doors before
they open. The Lidl biker's day is usually one week before the Aldi one.
Old 01-10-06, 07:34 PM   #7
Jabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor
Lidl and Aldi sell biking gear one day a year
Is that all

Thought it was once in the autumn, too. Oh, well......
Old 01-10-06, 07:40 PM   #8
Jabba

Quote:
i was'nt having a go
I know that
Old 01-10-06, 07:54 PM   #9
tiggers1963

Quote:
ive posted this here cos its local info im after

i am looking to get some tidy bike gear(i dont think i impressed jabba with my levis & cats )
& looking for a big shop in the area that dose a lot of clothing as i need to try a jacket on
Which part of South Wales are you in?. I'm sure that South Wales superbikes have an end of season sale at the mo, so may be some good bargains in there. You could also try Thunder Road, or as Prof said Heine Gericke in Cardiff.
Old 02-10-06, 12:55 PM   #10
Professor

Fowlers usually has a sale around Christmas time. They advertise it in advance on
their website.