SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 19-08-13, 06:19 PM   #1
Nick_69

Default Help with selling my Bike

I put my bike up for sell onto Bike trader, and got an email from him say this. i will post up are emails, and can any please tell me if this is a scam

The following customer is interested in the vehicle you are advertising on
http://www.biketrader.co.uk

Received: 19 August 2013 13:08

Customer Details:
NAME: MR Issac Omari
TELEPHONE:
EMAIL: issacomari6@gmail.com

Vehicle Details:
MAKE: SUZUKI
MODEL: GSXR
PRICE: ?4800

This e-mail is sent on behalf of Trader Media Group Limited, registered office: Trader Publishing Limited, Auto Trader House, Cutbush Park Industrial Estate, Danehill, Lower Earley, Reading, Berkshire RG6 4UT. Registered in England with company number 3909628. VAT number: GB 614891820. This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender.

Yea this is still for sale. Please call 07881621718 and arrange a viewing if you want to.

Sent from my iPhone

Hi again,

Thank you for getting back, Anyway, I'll like to know your final asking price. How I wish i could come for inspection but i'm currently deployed for military units

Due to this inability to bring cash physically, the best way for me to pay will be through PayPal which is safer for you and I will cover the PayPal transfer fees. Kindly send me your PayPal account email address so i can pay in. I will arrange with my pick up agent to collect from you as it is the best way I can handle this professionally.

Please, I'd like to know certain things too; Are you the first owner? Last Asking Price?What is your reason for selling? I'm sorry, just want to be sure about the sale before i proceed on payment

Regard

My Reason for selling is that i want to get a bike more suited to touring so im looking at a triumph tiger 800 or explorer.

My final asking price is £4800 which is a fair price for this bike

If you are to pay vis PayPal and pay the PayPal fees, you would need to send £4969, which is £4800 for the bike and £169 for PayPal fees, if you look at this website it will show you calculations

http://www.clothnappytree.com/ppcalculator/

Can i please ask the pick up agent you want to use.

My PayPal email address is nicktodd36@googlemail.com

Looking forward to hearing back from you Nick

Hi ,

I have now process the transfer,If you are not been messaged yet,kindly check your PayPal email account or Junk Folder,.I sent £5,450.00 to nicktodd36@googlemail.com PayPal said they would be holding the funds and it will not be credited into your account because of the excess payments of £450.00 i added meant for pick up and delivery. They said they have emailed you to this effect, so you will need to send the £400.00 to my pick up agent's office via Western union money transfer so that PayPal can credit the £5,450.00 into your account as soon as you have emailed the Western union details to them. I added extra £50 to cover the Western union charges which shouldn't be more than £30 but just to be sure i added £50 and you can keep the remaining change for your running around,

Here is the pick up agent's info needed to get the money sent through Western union money transfer. Please get in touch asap.

Name; David Martin
Adress:Nieuwkempen straat 3,
Genk,
Postal Code:3600

Please call my pickup agent on +447024082496 or email them xexlogistics@live.com once you have completely send the western union transfer to there branch address

Kind regards

Now to me this doesnt seam right and looking into my paypal account there is no money that i can see in there, i have no email from them

Now GSXR 600 K9
Nick_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-13, 06:23 PM   #2
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: Help with selling my Bike

The last bit about Western Union I would say makes this highly likely its a Scam. IMHO.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-13, 06:24 PM   #3
m15terroboto

Scam!
Old 19-08-13, 06:25 PM   #4
Bibio
Mega Poster

hahahahaaaaa. yes you will be £400 out of pocket m8.

paypal do not hold money.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-13, 06:25 PM   #5
DJ123
Mega Poster

Hi again,

Thank you for getting back, Anyway, I'll like to know your final asking price. How I wish i could come for inspection but i'm currently deployed for military units

After this line I knew it was a scam.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-13, 06:27 PM   #6
Ruffy

Screams scam at me to. Why would you want to give away £400 to someone for the privilege of them sending you more back to "buy your bike".

Walk away and ignore any further comms.
Ruffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-13, 06:29 PM   #7
Nick_69

Thank you, it never sounded right to me, but im still glad i asked the mighty org

Now GSXR 600 K9
Old 19-08-13, 06:32 PM   #8
Bibio
Mega Poster

you thought that it was genuine. you need to be more careful m8 or you will one day be taken to the cleaners.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-13, 06:34 PM   #9
Nick_69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
you thought that it was genuine. you need to be more careful m8 or you will one day be taken to the cleaners.
Thats why i always ask for help on important matters like money

Anyway thanks again everyone saved me there

Now GSXR 600 K9
Old 19-08-13, 06:45 PM   #10
SuzukiNess

xexlogistics... booming trade - 1 hit on google and its this thread