SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

East Anglian Revolution If you're based in East Anglia, then this could be for you.

Old 04-02-10, 09:26 AM   #691
Skip
Mega Poster

Default Re: 'Ere 'ere is the EAR Megathread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyjo View Post
Along with a scottoiler, braided hoses are next on my wishlist but its not likely to happen, im planning on spending every spare £ on fuel!

You absolutely HAVE to be at Rich's rideout, we need you there to come and rescue us when we ignore the obvious marker and go the opposite way
My bike already has a Scottoiler fitted by a previous owner. The poor old thing was desperate for a full service and while I had the fairing off the front brake hoses are so accessible it seemed a shame not to fit some.

I WILL be there (baby permitting of course!) - it works out well as the tax ran out on new years eve so taxing it at the end of Feb works for me
Old 04-02-10, 09:26 AM   #692
Skip
Mega Poster

Quote:
Ive got 5 hours to kill now til the kids come home, no fuel in the car but a tank full for the bike, problem is its pi$$ing down, so now what am i supposed to do, bl@@dy stupid weather
I am bored today - keep me company!
Old 04-02-10, 09:30 AM   #693
kellyjo

Why cant you fit your hoses today, or isnt the bike ready?
Old 04-02-10, 09:40 AM   #694
Skip
Mega Poster

Because I am at work! I went and got them from the post office on the way in this morning.

Trust me I would rather be at home fitting them - I have the new brake fluid ready to go too so nothing to stop me
Old 04-02-10, 09:43 AM   #695
kellyjo

Oh work, yuk!! Im gonna have to get off my butt in September and get a job when my baby starts full time school.

In the meantime im sitting here watching 'The Wright Stuff' on Channel 5 and i can feel my brain cells dying one by one.

My cats eating baked beans
Old 04-02-10, 09:51 AM   #696
Skip
Mega Poster

Mrs Skip finishes for maternity on the 12th Feb - I said no fair I want to be at home! I have loads of things I could be doing Still needs must though with a mortgage to pay What sort of job are you going to look for?

When I am at home on a weekday I just leave Dave or Dave-ja-vu on and watch endless Top Gears - although Quest is quite a good channel I have recently discovered - check it out.

My friends little girl learnt to crawl just before Christmas and was found eating cat food - so they moved the cat food - then a few days later she picked one of her 2 year old brothers logs out of the potty and ate that Something to bring up at her 18th birthday party I guess
Old 04-02-10, 09:57 AM   #697
speedplay

Quote:
You absolutely HAVE to be at Rich's rideout, we need you there to come and rescue us when we ignore the obvious marker and go the opposite way

Obvious?!

He was hiding up the road on the left hand side on a tight left hander!!!
Old 04-02-10, 09:59 AM   #698
Skip
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedplay View Post
Obvious?!

He was hiding up the road on the left hand side on a tight left hander!!!
He has a point you know - I only saw him out of the corner of my eye which is why I madly rushed to catch you all up
Old 04-02-10, 10:02 AM   #699
kellyjo

Im not sure on the job front. Im in a ridiculous situation being a single parent, if i work less than 16 hours a week the government only let me keep the first £20 so i could work 15 hours for only £20, thats hardly encouraging me to go back to work is it? However, if i work 16 hours im considered full time employed!!!

I wanted to finish my degree so i could teach science or maths, but its just not happening at the moment, so im waiting for my CRB check to come through so i can go into school on a voluntary basis (instead of sitting here watching cr@p tv) and hopefully that would put me in a good position to apply for any teaching assistant vacancies that may arise for September.

Alternatively my brother has asked if i would consider looking after his daughter (just 2 mths old) because his wife is desperate to go back to work. After 10 years at home with my own, im not sure thats a road i want to go down though. All i know is that my life never goes to plan so i'll just wait and see what happens....

Do you get much paternity leave?
Old 04-02-10, 10:03 AM   #700
speedplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
He has a point you know - I only saw him out of the corner of my eye which is why I madly rushed to catch you all up

I must be right as skip says so...

I liked the way you were telling the guy on the ninja to turn around too....even though he wasn't with us!