SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 06-03-08, 09:41 AM   #1
DoubleD

Default HEL Braided brake line help

I have got some of these but I want to change them a little as they look pants on the bike at the moment.

I need to have about 2-3 inches removed as they are too long and I need different banjos, i.e. ones with a 60-90 degree angle on them.

Does anyone know where I can get these redone so I don't have to buy another set of lines.

Thanks O knowledgeable ORG
Old 06-03-08, 11:29 AM   #2
sv650k4

Default Re: HEL Braided brake line help

you can buy different bits and pieces/spares on ebay for the hel lines.
Old 06-03-08, 12:04 PM   #3
Grinch

Are you sure the Hel Lines are to long as they all come in a standard lenght (which does look a bit long but is fine). Plus because of the design I don't think you will be able to 'shorten' them easily, your probably have to buy a pre-set lenght.

I have Hel on one bike and Goodridge on the other and there is a bit of slack in both, it makes no difference really.
Old 06-03-08, 12:15 PM   #4
DoubleD

Here is a couple of pics, not the best angle I know but you get the idea.

I have had to do the lines at the angle you see them at because if I don't then they foul the fairing in a bad way.

Old 06-03-08, 12:26 PM   #5
jambo
Mega Poster

I believe HEL will shorten them for you if you send them back and specify the changes required.
Old 06-03-08, 12:34 PM   #6
Dangerous Dave

Contact Hel, they will carry out all the modifications for you. If they are brand new and to long they will fix them for free, as long as yuo are fitting them to the bike they are specified for.

I had a set altered for my TL track bike with Brembo master cylinder, the lines I have weren't even made for this bike and they only charged a small fee.
Old 06-03-08, 03:46 PM   #7
injury_ian

Completely off topic.... but...

A) did you know you have no bar end weights?
B) High bars on a pointy, how does that work for you? a lot of difference? (comfort, windy on M-way?)
Old 06-03-08, 08:33 PM   #8
DoubleD

Quote:
Originally Posted by injury_ian View Post
Completely off topic.... but...

A) did you know you have no bar end weights?
B) High bars on a pointy, how does that work for you? a lot of difference? (comfort, windy on M-way?)

A) Bar ends have just arrived in the post today along with the renthal brace and brake fluid I ordered.

B) So far I have not ridden anywhere as I only did the project last weekend but it was way more comfy when just sitting on the bike in the garden/shed, looking forward to the ride.

Last edited by DoubleD; 06-03-08 at 08:41 PM.
Old 07-03-08, 03:34 PM   #9
DoubleD

I have just got off the phone form HEL and I must say they are the most helpful guys ever.

They just asked my to pop the lines back in the post with a little note of what needs doing (make them shorter and fit a banjo with 90 bend) and they will sort it out for FREE and post them back to me the same day received.

TOP MARKS TO HEL PERFORMANCE
Old 07-03-08, 06:56 PM   #10
Tiger 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleD View Post
TOP MARKS TO HEL PERFORMANCE
Sold!

OT: Do you have any idea how shiny your bike is?