SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

South & West Surfers Just for the guys and gals in the south and south west of the UK.

Old 13-03-08, 05:41 PM   #1
Ping

Default Cardiff Hotels

Hi guys,

Dunno if this is the right section.. I'm guessing Cardiff is sort of west... and south...

I'm toying with getting some rather reasonable rate tickets to see Leicester Tigers v London Wasps and Ospreys v Saracens at the millenium stadium on 22nd march but finding a hotel that's not stupidly expensive or fully booked on expedia is proving a bit difficult.

Anyone got any recommendations or know of hotels/b&bs not so well known near-ish the stadium?

(btw I can get up to 10 tickets (hopefully) through my club for the whole day's rugby for a tenner each if anyone's interested. )

Somewhere with a good brekkie would be nice too... cig moch, selsig, madarch, ffa a wyau would be nice... but you can keep your pwdin gwaed... (yuck)

wooh, go me... look what i learned...
Old 13-03-08, 05:46 PM   #2
sarah

Default Re: Cardiff Hotels

This place is fairly cheap, fairly central and doesn't seem to be booked up yet. No idea if it's any good though.
Old 13-03-08, 07:57 PM   #3
Beckett

If I wouldnt get fired for it... I'd rent out office floor space.... its half a mile from the stadium tops !

Cardiff is crap for cheap hotels... there are plenty on the outskirts, but then you have taxi fares to contend with.... trust me, cardiff is devoid of taxis on large rugby games as most taxi drivers dont want the hassle.. so if you can, pre book them as well !

p.s. you forgot bara lawr in all that as well

yes, I'll have a ticket as well if you are offering !

if you want a guide.... I know most of Cardiffs pubs... Im sure Ive drank in most of them at somepoint !

As for brekkie.. thers a good place I know of, but its right out of the city centre near student ville.. its called Ramons.. bloody ace.. heart attack for £3 ! lol

Last edited by Beckett; 13-03-08 at 07:59 PM.
Old 16-03-08, 07:10 PM   #4
Rhiwbina_Squirrel

There's a few places you could stay in that I can think of. I live in Cardiff so if you need a bit of advice I can try and find out for you, that's if I don't already know.
There's quite a high chance I'll be working there then - I do various jobs around the stadium - maybe I'll run into you sometime during the day :P
PM me maybe for some more information. If you're still after it, that is
Old 19-03-08, 09:34 AM   #5
Ping

Cheers for the responses (and any effort thats gone into them).

I'm going to have to hold off on this due to funding issues but it WILL be a future thing.