SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-01-09, 06:28 PM   #1
twopots

Default Remus Exhaust - link pipe

Hi

I've currently got a Remus Revolution, high level exhaust which was fitted by the dealership before I bought the bike. The question I've got is whether anyone knows where I can buy a link pipe to lower the can to the standard height, as I want to fit the rear pegs so I can take a pillion.

I've been searching the web, but just can't seem to find one.
Old 25-01-09, 06:30 PM   #2
zsv650

Default Re: Remus Exhaust - link pipe

if it's a standard size can anyone'll do link pipe's fuel or ccc will have em i bet.
Old 25-01-09, 06:47 PM   #3
Dangerous Dave

It will have a 54mm inlet so a budget UK exhaust link pipe will be to small.

Remus do sell there link pipes separately, you just need to find a Remus dealer in the UK who is willing to provide this service also.
Old 25-01-09, 07:52 PM   #4
SVDragRacer

Can you not just space out the pillion footpeg hangers? I dont know if the remus uses a hanger mounted to the footpeg mounts but surely you could just get some longer bolts and spacers and mount the peg hanger over the exhaust hanger? Just a thought....
Old 25-01-09, 07:55 PM   #5
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVDragRacer View Post
Can you not just space out the pillion footpeg hangers? I dont know if the remus uses a hanger mounted to the footpeg mounts but surely you could just get some longer bolts and spacers and mount the peg hanger over the exhaust hanger? Just a thought....
+ 1, like they do with the Micron high level on the SV.

In fact, there should have been something in the kit to allow you to do this.
Old 25-01-09, 08:56 PM   #6
twopots

Thanks for the responses

Not sure about the spacers though,
I'm a bit worried it may be too close to the exhaust?

As it will be my missus's first time riding pillion, don't want to put her off, by her accidentally burning herself on the exhaust,. I've attached an image what do you reckon?

p1020404-1.jpg

I'll try contact the dealers directly as you suggested

Thanks for the advice
Old 25-01-09, 10:22 PM   #7
SVDragRacer

Hmmm judging by that picture there might not even be enough room to have the foot peg hanger on as well.

There'd be no problem with burning the missus as the peg would be far enough away from the pipe and the silencer shouldnt actually get hot enough to burn, might even keep her feet warm. Only way to know if you could fit the footpeg hanger over the exhaust hanger would be to offer it up and see what space there is.

Good luck matey!
Old 25-01-09, 10:26 PM   #8
husky03
Mega Poster

Banditmania got a new lot of link pipes for the pointy on ebay now-message them and see what the measurements are.
husky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-09, 08:37 AM   #9
Dangerous Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by husky03 View Post
Banditmania got a new lot of link pipes for the pointy on ebay now-message them and see what the measurements are.
They will be too small, they are designed for the budget UK exhausts which have a smaller diameter inlet pipe.
Old 26-01-09, 09:21 AM   #10
STRAMASHER
Mega Poster

You will I guess need a strap to attach the can to the r/h pillion footrest hanger too, as I am pretty sure the fixed bracket for the high-level does not line up anywhere near (unless you want to fab your own bracket).

Looked into "dropping it" myself as it burns holes in my boots when I'm on tippy-toes!
STRAMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote