SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 06-03-08, 08:15 AM   #1
Alpinestarhero

Default WARNING: theives in enfield area

This morning, Maria's mum went to put the rubbish out and found my bike half uncovered; Some **** has had a look during the night.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR BIKES ARE SECURE; THERE IS A SCUMBAG / GROUP OF SCUMBAGS LOOKING FOR THEIR NEXT ITEM TO STEAL!

Although my bike is locked up quite heavily, I'm still worried. What else can I do? We're gonna block the bike right on with the two cars, make sure no-one can get it out.

Matt
Old 06-03-08, 08:31 AM   #2
plowsie

Default Re: WARNING: theives in enfield area

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpinestarhero View Post
This morning, Maria's mum went to put the rubbish out and found my bike half uncovered; Some **** has had a look during the night.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOUR BIKES ARE SECURE; THERE IS A SCUMBAG / GROUP OF SCUMBAGS LOOKING FOR THEIR NEXT ITEM TO STEAL!

Although my bike is locked up quite heavily, I'm still worried. What else can I do? We're gonna block the bike right on with the two cars, make sure no-one can get it out.

Matt
Even you?

Thing is Matt, depends what sorta level they want to go to, to get at it. Sure the wind hadn't picked it up and off?

Put a disc lock on the back wheel instead of front is my tip. Unless there is a few of them it isn't shifting anyway. But its a lot harder to wheel about a bike from the front.

Thing is mate, if they want it and are good enough they will have it. Set ya alarm if you like for every hour and keep looking out for it. I did when I knew mine was gonna be tried at for a second time, the second night running. My Dad is about as big and as ugly as me, us two chasing two kids down the road **** them up.
Old 06-03-08, 08:32 AM   #3
muffles

Your best bet is to move it somewhere else I'd say. Although blocking it in might work quite well - will show them that a) you've noticed and b) they will see right away they aren't going to get it out, and hopefully won't try anything.

Alternatively it might be that they weren't going to come back - possibly looking for a higher value bike and they needed to lift your cover to look at it?
Old 06-03-08, 09:54 AM   #4
Ed

Our car was broken into outside our house on Christmas Eve. Previously I'd always thought we lived in a safe area, but after that I chance nothing. The bike is chained inside a locked garage with a car parked in front of it so unless you move the car you can't open the door. The tip to put a disc lock on the back's a good one.

I don't think it's legal to leave bare wires with mains voltage flowing
Old 06-03-08, 10:13 AM   #5
wyrdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
I don't think it's legal to leave bare wires with mains voltage flowing
No, you want a very high voltage, with a very low current.
An electric fence energiser can generate 1000-5000 volts, but with a non-lethal current.
Old 06-03-08, 11:23 AM   #6
TOY40

They must of took a look seen it was a curvy and left it! or could of been the top box.
All joking aside chain her down lad,if they really wanted it they will get enough people to lift,disk lock and all.
Old 06-03-08, 11:27 AM   #7
Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrdness View Post
No, you want a very high voltage, with a very low current.
An electric fence energiser can generate 1000-5000 volts, but with a non-lethal current.
You've just given me an idea
Old 06-03-08, 11:45 AM   #8
dirtydog
Knob faced knobster
Mega Poster

How about chaining ot to one or both of the cars, they certainly aint going to carry it away then are they? Just remember to unchain it before someone drives away !
Old 06-03-08, 11:51 AM   #9
Manguish

So they fook your cars as well as your bike?

Yeah, righto.
Old 06-03-08, 12:03 PM   #10
Alpinestarhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydog View Post
How about chaining ot to one or both of the cars, they certainly aint going to carry it away then are they? Just remember to unchain it before someone drives away !
Yea, I got a chain just to do this.

The cover wouldnt have blown off...it'd take a strong wind to pull it up and over the exhaust, and also to push the mirror in
I know that if someone wants it, really wants it, they'll have it...but this isnt the point; ITS MY DAMN BIKE!!!

Maria's off to a bike shop near her work to get me another alarmed disc-lock; my one dosnt go on the rear disc, but hopefully the motrax one will.

They aint having my bike, not if I can ruddy help it

Matt